Human Systems Integration Engineer (Mid-Level)
Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Human Systems Integration Engineerto join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The Human Systems Integration Engineerwill apply human performance principles, methodologies, and technologies to the design of human-machine systems and products associated with the DoD, NASA, and commercial applications. The selected candidate will interface with program management and design engineers to support a program’s human systems integration needs throughout its design life cycle, including identifying and analyzing technological problems or risks, performing theoretical human factors investigations, dictating system interfaces, performing requirements development and verification, and developing and implementing research and analysis plans. The selected candidate may present the human systems integration artifacts they have developed to the customer in formal design reviews and may serve as a customer liaison in many of their programs.
The Human Systems Integration Engineer will work in a matrixed organization at Dynetics, supporting multiple programs at once in a variety of engineering fields with all different team environments, from the large-scale programs that Dynetics is the prime contractor for, like the Hypersonics Weapons Program and High Energy Laser Program, to smaller-scale programs for which Dynetics provides support as a subcontractor to companies in the top 100 DoD contractors. The candidate will join a diverse team of other specialty engineers and systems engineers within Dynetics and have the opportunity to work on programs from their preferred background, as well as challenge themselves by working on programs outside of their expertise.
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Psychology, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent technical/engineering degree from an ABET-accredited university.
- Candidate must have at least four (4) years of experience supporting DoD, NASA, or commercial programs as a human systems integration or systems engineer.
- Candidate must have experience mentoring other engineers and/or serving as a technical task lead on an engineering project.
- Candidate must have experience in developing, decomposing, and analyzing human factors and human systems interface requirements for complex systems.
- Candidate must have knowledge of military and industry human factors standards (e.g., MIL-STD-1472, MIL-STD-1474, ISO 9241-110/210)
- Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville – North Alabama, AL area.
- Position requires candidates to be capable of performing in a collaborative engineering environment working closely with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Candidate must have demonstrated experience effectively communicating within a team environment.
- Candidate must have experience with requirements database tools (e.g., Cameo/MagicDraw, DOORS).
Preferred candidates will also have experience and/or working knowledge with:
- BCPE Certification (Associate or Professional)
- Understanding of Human Systems Integration's role in the government acquisition process
- Developing, and/or reviewing, revising Human Systems Integration CDRLS
- INCOSE Systems Engineering Professional Certification (ASEP or CSEP)
- Master's Degree in Systems Engineering, Psychology, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent technical/engineering degree from an ABET-accredited university.
- Experience supporting DoD or NASA programs
- Modeling Skills, including:
- Human modeling, using tools such as Jack, Catia, ProE, SolidWorks, or Santos
- User interface design and development
- System modeling, using tools such as Cameo/MagicDraw or Rhapsody
- SysML experience in developing Block Definition Diagrams (BDDs), Internal Block Diagrams (IBDs), Activity Diagrams, and others.
- Using the Object-Oriented SE Method (OOSEM) or MagicGrid methodologies.
- Object Management Group (OMG) Certified System Modeler Professional (OCSMP) certification – any level
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.