Coordinator Substation Construction
Oklahoma City, OK
Responsible to perform duties safely to adherence with IIF (Incident and Injury Free) culture. Responsible for coordination of activities associated with the construction and maintenance of transmission and/or distribution Substation facilities to assure maximum productivity.
- Promote a safety culture by performing duties consistent with IIF.
- Assists the Supervisor and/or Scheduler in the coordination, planning and proper work assignments for both internal and external construction crews.
- May act as the primary contact for contractors or company crews, as appropriate.
- Responsible for authorizing and communicating changes in project scope to contractors or company crews, as needed.
- Manages, coordinates, and schedules materials to ensure proper completion of project and ensures that excess material is returned, as required.
- Assists construction crews in the field by delivering materials, transporting equipment and assisting in the operation of equipment, as needed.
- Performs job site inspections to confirm job-site readiness and coordinates necessary resources to optimize manpower and equipment utilization.
- Responsible for verifying that locates have been obtained, jobs have been staked and necessary engineering prints are available.
- May monitor and assess progress for contractors, as needed. Ensure corrective actions are taken as necessary to ensure performance against contract and standards. May preform site management duties as necessary to see that the work is completed to company standard, engineering manifest or contract agreements.
- Ensure corrective actions are taken as necessary to ensure performance against contract and standards.
- Coordinates construction activities with other departments and outside entities as required.
- Arranges for the purchase or rental of tools and equipment as needed for crews.
- Requests switching and reviews switching orders and verifies the availability for substation or line clearances and substation or line switching through proper operating authority.
- Performs switching as necessary.
- Primary contact for contract crews on company property.
- Responsible for authorizing and communicating changes in scope with proper approval by the project Manager/lead or engineering.
- Coordinates scheduling and construction of requested ?Break/Fix? projects as needed to support other departments as needed.
- Responsible for communicating the completion of work performed by contractors and company crews to the Project Owner, Project manager and Resource Coordination.
- Responsible for assisting the crews in the field during service restoration efforts which may include coordinating service restoration activities, arranging for meals, lodging and coordination of materials and equipment.
- Assists with the investigation of damage claims that are in the confines of company substations or perimeter fences.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with all departments of the Company to assure timely and efficient construction, maintenance or restoration of service to customers.
- May be expected to check and verify material lists and responsible for waving material for delivery.
- Verify the construction manifest copy has been submitted and complete on all necessary paperwork and ensure proper routing of completed redline and record revisions.
- Provide assistance to contractor with hot line holds and switching.
- Responsible for coordinating with Heavy Hauling for delivery of material and equipment.
- High School Diploma/GED And 1 year of Journey level OG&E T&D operations experience within the past 5 years in a related position (e.g., Substation Maintenance Technician, Relay Technician, Substation Electrician, Substation Operations, etc.); Or
- 7 years' direct experience to include Transmission/Distribution experience in a related position (e.g., Substation Maintenance Technician, Relay Technician, Substation Electrician, Substation Operations, etc.).
- Valid Driver's license.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of substation construction, transmission, distribution underground and overhead line facilities including switching involving substation facilities.
- Strong computer skills with the ability to learn Microsoft office suite, SAP, Mobile Data Unit (MDU), and other company supported software.
- Strong ability to work in partnership with other members.
- Ability to communicate effectively in speech and writing.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with team members, leaders, and customers.
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnosis problems, and resolve problems effectively.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to understand and comply with company policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs and SSOP's).
- Demonstrated ability to adjust and adapt across varied working conditions.
- Ability to read prints, one lines and write complex switching.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certification to work in confined spaces.
Read the full posting.
321 N Harvey
Oklahoma United States
From the same organization