UX Researcher – Mixed Methods
CONTRACT UX RESEARCHER
UX RESEARCH TEAM
Across the industry, developers are increasingly diversifying the languages they use, platforms they target, and types of applications they build. This team delivers tools to make all developers successful and productive in building all types of applications in any language for any platform. This
UX Research Team brings a world-class UX to Visual Studio, .NET, and Azure. Millions of developers around the world use these tools every day to build rich applications and use is growing at a phenomenal rate. The applications built span web, mobile, desktop, cloud, gaming, machine learning, and Internet of things.
We are looking for a Contract UX Researcher with the ability to conduct a range of qualitative and quantitative research methods impacting both product direction and detailed experience design. You will work with and receive mentorship from a supervising Senior UX Researcher. You will be joining a team of 20+ talented UX researchers whose charter is to design end-to-end experiences for all developers that are useful, usable, and desirable. In this role, you will work in a highly collaborative environment with engineering and business teams across the division to help make data driven decisions. Your work will happen in the context of a lean or agile development environment supporting the release cadence of teams as well as helping define the strategic direction of products. You will have access to a new, state of the art, modern research lab facility equipped for a variety of research types located in a central hub area on campus. This is a unique opportunity to grow in your career during this period of transformation. Join us and help re-invent the future of the developer experience in this exciting era.
– Design and conduct a range of qualitative and quantitative research methods applicable to all product stages from conception to release, including lab-based usability tests, focus groups, interviews, surveys, and field research
– Collaborate closely with design, engineering, and business partners during all steps of research
– Translate research findings into actionable recommendations and deliver them in compelling ways
– Triangulate multiple data sources into integrated insights
– Communicate and evangelize research results to engineering and business teams
– A degree in human-computer interaction, cognitive psychology, behavioral science, or related field or equivalent experience
– Thorough knowledge and experience of a range of UX research approaches and methodologies
– Strong analytical and synthesis skills with a proven ability to turn research results into product insights
– Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence a range of audiences
– Excellent project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
– The ability to work independently and be flexible to rapidly changing schedules and demands
– The ability to get up to speed with a new area quickly
– Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and familiarity with modern developer platforms and ecosystems a plus
The target hiring compensation range for this role is the equivalent of $50 to $58 an hour. Compensation is based on several factors including, but not limited to education, relevant work experience, relevant certifications, and location.
Additional benefits offered mayinclude; medical health insurance and dental insurance, life insurance, and eligibility to participate in 401k plan with company match.