Turbine Engineer – Principal Specialist
- Advanced level engineer responsible for planning and conducting complex engineering related activities requiring the use of innovative techniques and the extension of theories. Applies thorough and diversified knowledge of engineering or scientific principles and practice in broad areas of assignment. Recognized for their expertise in a given specialty area or discipline. Incumbent makes decisions independently and represents the Business Unit in resolving important engineering related questions. Builds and maintains effective relationships with key internal and/or external decision makers.
- Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering and scientific principles and practices in broad areas of assignments.
- Leads the development and execution of large or complex engineering projects.
- Establishes and reviews test procedures; uses engineering expertise to determine when new or alternative technology, processes, and materials may be advantageous, and promotes their adoption and application.
- Conducts multifaceted technical investigations. Understands and resolves complex issues that are unclearly defined.
- Conducts studies and analyses in the resolution of engineering- related issues; may develop or update engineering standards and practices.
- Creates documentation and communication for project progress or results.
- Researches, analyzes, recommends, and implements new engineering practices to improve medium term business operations and goals.
- Serves as a skilled resource for less experienced engineers; provides analysis and recommendations on cross functional projects.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements
- Minimum: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology and a minimum of 8 years of job relevant experience
- Master's Degree in Engineering or job relevant discipline
- Proficiency in computer applications relevant for field
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Well-developed planning and continuous improvement skills
- Strong time management, prioritization, and organization skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead cross functional teams
2000 2nd Ave
From the same organization