Tour GuidesIcy Strait Point
Icy Strait Point
Reports to: Tour Guide Supervisor
Salary Range: $18.00 per hour
Location: Icy Strait Point
Icy Strait Point Guides provide a leadership role as well as interpretation and narration for guests departing on Excursions. Guides will be trained to lead tours associated with Icy Strait Point and may be required to switch excursion assignment schedule if necessary. Our guiding positions are Bear Search, Wilderness Hike, Kayak, World's Largest ZipRider, Adventure Park, ATV and Jeep Tours.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct all activities and decisions according to Icy Strait Point’s guiding principles: BAP: Best, Authentic, Profitable
- Provide guests with information about the scenery, wildlife, history, culture and geography.
- Provide excellent customer service to all ISP guests
- Ensure the safety of all Guests on tours
- Participate in all required trainings
- Maintain a current First Aid/CPR certification
- Other duties as assigned
- Adequate knowledge or willingness to learn about Tlingit culture
- Must be able to learn a Tlingit Introduction
- Knowledge of the local area ( marine life, plants, animals, birds)
- Must have good customer service skills
- Must have good verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to learn, retain and present excursion information to guests in an accurate manner.
- Promote other ISP venues, distribute ISP literature and/or sell ISP merchandise
- ATV Guide must be at least 18 years of age with a valid driver’s license
- Adventure Park Guides must be 18 years of age
Icy Strait Point is a Native-owned and operated enterprise and offers Native Preference under P.L.93- 638. Applicants must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States.