Therapeutic Foster Parent
Denali Family Services
Over 3,000 youth in Alaska are waiting for a Foster Home…
Want to make a difference in a child's life?
If YES is your answer, then Denali Family Services is looking for YOU to become a Therapeutic Foster Parent in the Valley or Anchorage areas!
Do you have or can obtain the following?
- Three positive references, a positive background check and a basic knowledge of childhood development.
- Focus and work on the strengths of the foster child.
- Work well with others and be open to professional discord.
- Willing to set firm boundaries.
- Provide a warm, nurturing environment.
- Role model good behavior and hygiene
- Willing to complete the licensing process and be willing to attend specialized trainings.
- Prior experience interacting with youth
Then DFS is where you need to APPLY! Just answer our short list of questions and our Foster Care department representative will contact you.