Temp Housing Services Associate
Cook Inlet Housing Authority
Under the direction of the Manager of Housing Services, the Housing Services Associate performs a variety of customer service and administrative duties in support of the Housing Services Department; such as, application collection, data entry, verifying residential, income and asset information necessary to determine eligibility, interacting with applicants over the phone and in person while providing general information about Cook Inlet Housing Authority (CIHA) properties.
Major Activities (Typical Duties/Responsibilities)
• Provides excellent customer service to both internal and external customers.
• Assesses client needs and provides information and/or application for services.
• Provides assistance to applicants with application completion, status updates, and answering of general questions.
• Assist with phone line and electronic inquires.
• Promotes CIHA housing programs. Establishes and maintains a network or referral source(s) for individual client needs.
• Processes verifications and other documentation necessary to complete initial eligibility determination, including: landlord and residential history, income and asset information and household data.
• Ensures all necessary paperwork in files is maintained and that all required documentation is in order.
• Maintain housing software data base with client demographic, income and eligibility information with high level of accuracy
• Directly schedules applicant and tenant appointments.
• Assist with lease up of properties including marketing, mail outs and tracking.
• Assists the Eligibility Supervisor and Compliance Section with compliance monitoring, report preparation, and file maintenance projects.
• Promote CIHA housing programs and provides referrals to appropriate services.
• Create and maintain a positive working relationship with Property Teams, Administrative Team, and Marketing Team.
• Tracks and report data to Customer Care Supervisor regarding customer care calls and other information requested to evaluate marketing efforts.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to interact professionally with a culturally and/or economically diverse demographic.
• Ability to provide excellent customer service and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with clients, staff, and others.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret CIHA policies and procedures, related Federal and State regulations, and other compliance related documents if necessary.
• Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations to determine financial eligibility.
• Proficiency in Microsoft office suite.
• Ability to effectively prioritize tasks concurrently
• Ability to conduct interviews with applicants and tenants.
• Ability to input client information into housing management software with a high level of detail and accuracy.
• Ability to maintain client confidentiality.
• Knowledge of office practices and procedures with ability to perform basic computer functions.
Education and Experience
• One year of experience working directly with the public, preferably in the housing field or customer service industry.
• One year of experience working in an office environment.
• Current AK Driver’s license.
Cook Inlet Housing Authority provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Employment preference is given to eligible and qualified Alaska Native or American Indian candidates to the extent required or permitted by applicable law.