Systems Analyst 3
Responsible for maintaining systems and their associated operating systems for computer applications. Conduct analysis, create system specifications, develop, test and implement operating systems. Utilize existing or new technology in the automation of processes. Evaluate software packages and provides recommendations to management.
- Provide operational support of the Mainframe, Windows, or UNIX computing environment. Responsibilities include hardware installations, upgrades, operating systems and application software installations and upgrades, backup and recovery administration, maintaining users and peripheral equipment, troubleshooting system and application issues. (25-50%)
- Perform research and make recommendations for network software and hardware. (25-40%)
- Provide technical recommendations for information systems operations network environments. Implement modifications to increase system capacity. Compile records and reports concerning production, machine operations, and maintenance. May advise on workflow plans, methods, and procedures analysis. Analyze the results of performance and systems management software and recommend changes to improve processing and utilization. (10-20%)
- Perform all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction. Interface with the user community to understand their security needs and implement procedures to accommodate them. Conduct accurate evaluation of the level of security required. (5-10%)
- Monitor and respond to complex technical control facility hardware and software problems using a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques. Provide primary interface with vendor support service groups or provide internal analysis and support to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance. (10-15%)
- Provide guidance and training for less experienced technicians. (5-10%)
- Provide documentation for the support of information technology processes and procedures. (5-10%)
- Develop programs to support application and system operations. (5-10%)
- Provide technical input to assist in development of project planning. (5-10%)
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested or assigned. (0-5%)
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related technical field; or equivalent work experience. (Typically 4 years of additional related, progressive work experience would be needed for candidates applying for this position who do not possess a Bachelor's degree. A minimum of 2 years additional directly related technical experience is required.
- Five years related experience in Mainframe, Windows, or UNIX operating systems support and analysis.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
Req Id: 108145
825 NE Multnomah
Oregon United States
From the same organization