Supv Energy Scheduling
Puget Sound Energy
Job ID: 3130
Location: Bellevue, WA, US, 98004
Remote and Hybrid Work Opportunities: Hybrid (WA Based)
Puget Sound Energy is looking to grow our community with top talented individuals like you! With our rapidly growing, award winning energy efficiency programs, our pathway to an exciting and innovative future is now.
PSE's Policy & Energy Supplyteam is looking for qualified candidates to fill an open Supv Energy Schedulingposition!
Specific details regarding the work arrangements for this position will be discussed in further detail during the interview process.
PSE's Power Supply Operations group is looking for two Supervisors Energy Scheduling to join our team. One supervisor will have oversight of our Gas scheduling and the other Power Scheduling. These roles are incredibly important to PSE and to our customers as they ensure that gas and power are delivered to our customers.
As a Supervisor, Energy Scheduling you will facilitate the delivery and receipt of wholesale power and natural gas commodities with other regional utilities, marketers and suppliers pursuant to direction from PSE Traders and Puget's contractual obligations, while supervising and mentoring Energy Schedulers to ensure system reliability. This role will enter and maintain transaction-specific information into company scheduling systems as well as identify schedule imbalances at multiple delivery points, and work with counterparties to rectify and correct these discrepancies.
The Supervisor also ensures that all scheduling processes (nominations, confirmations, etc.) take place in a correct and timely manner with regard to pipeline and department deadlines. Initiates and maintains daily spreadsheets. Analyzes data, monitors and reconciles imbalances, sets up make-up/pay-back schedules with appropriate shippers, and initiates settlements.
The ideal candidate can apply operational knowledge of transmission/transportation constraints, system operations, and load fluctuations to assure system reliability.
- Develops and drives scheduling and constraint management strategies for the energy schedulers.
- Helps develop goals and set objectives, as well as relay the corporate vision to scheduling team members.
- Responsible for assuring reliable power deliveries to PSE's customers.
- Maintains and fosters working relationships with external schedulers & trading companies.
- Supports back- and mid-office groups, assuring accurate billing & accounting from commodity management system.
- Analyzes data, and develops new processes and reports for the department, and works to optimize the company's energy portfolio.
- Updates Management on market trends and developments from the transmission / transportation perspective.
- Updates traders by providing relevant industry market data & analysis from various sources in order to support their asset optimization efforts and trading decisions. This can include but is not limited to; transportation tariffs, capacity release postings, transmission/transportation flow data, infrastructure expansions, government agency data, etc.
- Acquires and/or releases transmission/transportation assets.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree with a technical or commercial focus from an accredited 4- year college or university, or equivalent experience.
- Proven record of accomplishment in power and/or natural gas trading or scheduling.
- Minimum of 4 years' experience in energy trading, scheduling or marketing.
- Knowledge of financial and accounting principles.
- Advanced spreadsheet and database computer skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and an ability to interact with the highest levels of a corporation.
- Specific experience in west-coast energy markets.
- Self-starter with the ability to work effectively with minimum supervision in a fast paced, multi-tasking, team environment.
- Strong problem solving, analytical and conflict resolution skills.
- Prior supervisory experience.
Puget Sound Energy
10885 NE 4th St
Washington United States
From the same organization