Supervisor Maintenance- Electrical Instrumentation: Claypool, AZ, US, 85532
Under general supervision, supervises, coordinates and controls the safe and efficient operation of an assigned work unit.
- Assigns, supervises, and reviews the work of staff for assigned work unit.
- Implement production plans according to approved schedule.
- May participate in the full range of daily operational duties, performing the most difficult.
- Inspects and evaluates work in progress, identifies any problem areas, and may direct remedial action.
- Conducts performance evaluations on subordinate staff.
- Prepares estimates of the staffing, materials, and equipment requirements for projected work activities.
- Maintains an inventory of parts and materials. Approves purchases of materials and equipment; maintains time, materials and equipment use reports. Requisitions tools, supplies, materials and equipment.
- Trains staff in safety procedures. Maintains safety data sheets for crews.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High School diploma or GED andfive years of related operational experience, includingsupervisory or lead experience, OR
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical mining related discipline with at least one summer internship experience (or equivalent) working in mining or industrial environment, includingsupervisory or lead experience
- 4 year accredited apprenticeship in the electrical, instrumentation, and process control trades or equivalent
- 7 years’ experience in industrial plant maintenance or construction
- Previous experience supervising crews, managing crew safety and scheduling work.
- Experience in utilizing Microsoft Office & Windows
- Experience utilizing PLC or DCS systems in industrial process
- Experience with medium/ high voltage power systems
- Troubleshooting and diagnostics utilizing test equipment, drawings, & manufacturer manuals.
- Ability to evaluate risks and drive safe company work practices
- Current NFPA 70E certification
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards.
- Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment.
- Work is in a mine or manufacturing plant setting, which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals, explosives, fumes or airborne particles
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders, work on elevated platforms, talk, hear and see
- Occasionally may be required to lift moderately heavy objects (up to 30 pounds) during the course of the workday
- May be required to work rotating shifts in a 24/7/365 operation
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any othe prrotective equipment as required
- Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as allowed by applicable State laws
Freeport-McMoRan has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs require employees to perform essential job functions that pose a direct threat to the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel); or
- Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description and which upon further review continue to be designated as safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability