Sup, Leak and Maintenance
Kansas City, MO
Spire is seeking a Supervisor, Leak & Maintenance. This position will be responsible for the timely scheduling and completion of assigned maintenance work, including but not limited to addressing cathodic protection issues, installing, or replacing services and work on mains (usually limited to short sections of installation or replacement) in a safe, efficient, and economical fashion.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prioritize, coordinate, and assign new and maintenance-related work among the district's leak and maintenance crews.
- Complete necessary paperwork and/or data entry, via computer, for Payroll, Engineering, Safety, etc.
- Perform field checks of job sites to determine current pending work load.
- Monitor the job site for conditions that may be hazardous to employees or the public and keep track of existing soil conditions and maintain proper shoring and sloping per OSHA and Company standards.
- Observe and evaluate new and probationary employees.
- Manage inventory of tools and materials on the job site and order more as necessary to complete the job.
- Request locates from other utilities and ensure that locates have been completed before routing a crew.
- Coordinate activities with other departments or other leak and maintenance supervisors to ensure that work is completed in the most efficient manner possible.
- Manage inventory of tools and materials on the job site and order more as necessary to complete the job
- Be available for weekend and after hour responsibilities to include but not limited to, supervising I&S, leak & maintenance, emergency incidents, etc.
- All other duties as assigned.
Essential Characteristics and Competencies
- Recognize problems and respond, systematically gather information, sort through complex issues, understand consequences of decisions, seeks input from others
- Ability to make difficult decisions and communicate those decisions to others
- Sets challenging and productive goals for the team and holds others accountable for actions
- Ability to provide resources and support
- Ability to use checkpoints and processes to measure results
- Ability to provide and communicate clear performance objectives
- Ability to set challenging and productive goals and delegate effectively
- Ability to lead by example, define roles/responsibilities, motivate, and set strategy
- Directly and indirectly supervises field operations personnel based on business needs.
Required Education (certifications, licenses)
- High school diploma/GED
Required knowledge, skill and abilities
- Valid Missouri Class E Chauffer's License or the issuing state's equivalent and the ability to drive safely
- One to three years of experience as a Construction or Leak Foreman is preferred.
- Experience in cathodic protection of pipeline strongly preferred
Physical demands, environment and schedule
- A mix of normal office conditions, outdoors exposed to all weather conditions, in construction areas with uneven surfaces, moving mechanical parts, hazardous traffic conditions and in areas exposed to loud audible noises
- Occasional lifting up to 100 pounds
- Some travel will be required
- 1st shift – occasional evenings, weekends, and holidays
From the same organization