Summer 2023 – Enterprise Data & Analytics Intern
Public Service Enterprise Group (PSEG)
PSEG Company: PSEG Services Corp.
Salary Range: $ 35,700 - $ 79,800
Incentive: Not applicable
Work Location Category: Hybrid
PSEG operates under a Flexible Work Model where flexible work is offered when job requirements allow. In support of this model, roles have been categorized into one of four work location categories: onsite roles, hybrid roles that are a blend of onsite and remote work, remote local roles that are primarily home-based but require some level of purpose-driven in-person interaction and living within a commutable distance, and remote non-local roles that can be effectively performed remotely with the ability to work in approved states.
PSEG offers a unique experience to our more than 12,000 employees – we provide the resources and opportunities for career development that come with being a Fortune 500 company, as well as the attention, camaraderie and care for one another you might typically associate with a small business. Our focus on combatting climate change through clean energy technology, our new net zero climate vision for 2030 and enhanced commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion; and supporting the communities we serve make this a particularly exciting time to join PSEG.
Looking to put your learning to the test and apply your education through an exciting summer opportunity with a Fortune 300 energy company? Come join a winning team with PSEG's internship program. Public Service Enterprise Group Inc. (PSEG) is a diversified energy company headquartered in Newark, N.J. Established in 1903, the company has long had a key role in fueling New Jersey's economy and supporting the state's quality of life. PSEG's principal operating subsidiaries are: Public Service Electric and Gas Co. (PSE&G), PSEG Power and PSEG Long Island.
PSEG is seeking a summer intern to work with the Enterprise Data & Analytics team.
The Enterprise Data & Analytics team is tasked with implementing an enterprise-wide strategy to maximize the value of data and analytics in support of PSEG's mission (safely providing reliable, affordable and green energy). As part of this objective, the team's goal is to make it easier for PSEG employees to access, visualize, and analyze data.
This position is hybrid.
Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans welcome to apply
- This intern position will assist the team in creating data visualization reports and other business intelligence analytical use cases. Assignments will include creating or perfecting data visualization and/or analysis reports, including understanding user requirements, understanding the underlying business processes, identifying, acquiring, and understanding the source data, performing any required analysis, and creating powerful user-friendly reports. Other assignments may include assisting with the implementation of tools and processes for data governance and data management.
Job Specific Qualifications
- The successful candidate (s) must be actively pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree from an accredited institution in Information Technology, Computer Science, Data Science/Analytics, Operations Research, MIS or similar analytical major. Candidate must have completed Sophomore level coursework by the start of the internship program to be considered.
- – Prior experience with data manipulation and analysis projects, through prior school projects, internships, or employment
- – Good knowledge of Excel
- – Strong attention to detail
- – Ability and desire to quickly learn data visualization software (Microsoft Power BI)
- – A passion for data and analysis, and for creating professional work output products
- – Ability to communicate and work with subject matter experts (owners of the data, users of visualization/analysis reports) to understand the business context and user requirements
– Experience with Microsoft Power BI, Access, or Tableau applications
– Experience with coding (e.g., Python, R, or SQL)
– Experience with data acquisition techniques (e.g., SQL queries, APIs)
– Familiarity with statistical concepts
All PSEG internship roles are paid at an hourly rate, however there are no benefits associated with these positions. We are targeting: Currently enrolled/matriculating students and able to commute to the assigned work location as needed. Housing, transportation, immigration Support will not be provided in association with these positions.
Public Service Enterprise Group (PSEG)
80 Park Plaza P.O. Box 570
New Jersey United States
From the same organization