Sr. Project Manager
Babcock and Wilcox Company
Job ID – (220000AZ)
The Senior Project Manager will support assigned domestic and international projects, plan, coordinate, direct, and execute all day to day project activities according to set timelines and budget milestones.
This position will require the PM to be proactive in the proposal and costing phase of the project, while coordinating resources required for the project, working in concert with Sales/Business Development and Proposal/Estimating group. This position will be instrumental in being competitive in order to win projects but also find the balance of maintaining or increasing As Sold Project Margin, cash collection and revenue recognition on a monthly/ quarterly basis. This position must always keep safety and quality in the forefront of all involved activities. This position will support review of the proposal process and continuously identify improvement and efficiency gains on proposal results and costs reduction/ value maximization.
- Drive a Target Zero safety culture, believes that safety is paramount to B&W
- Support B&W Sales and customers to bring the customers' potential projects from concept to reality while influencing tender requirements and maintain B&W as a lead supplier; Ensure B&W is competitive and execute projects without margin erosion.
- Support the proposal teams on the development of accurate bids assuring reliable cost build up and legitimate executing plan that can meet the proposed schedule;
- Review and ensure that proposals and the overall proposal process puts forward compelling value propositions, technical accuracy, and competitive positioning;
- Organizes and provides managerial leadership for complex projects including EPC and Consortium contracts.
- Facilitate conflict resolution and collaboration across competing interests.
- Develop, implement, and execute business strategies for mitigating all risk exposure levels.
- Lead negotiations on contract changes and for all projects regardless of contracting complexity. Define future strategy and agenda.
- Direct others to affect a smooth transition from proposal to contract stage.
- Ensure quality program is effectively implemented for the project. Complete post project critiques and identify lessons learned.
- Effectively manage complex commercial models.
- Analyze wide variety of cost control options and makes decisions with management approval.
- Write Purchase Authorization Requests. Manage cash flow and achieve expected cash position.
- Participates in Vendor and Transportation negotiation disputes.
- Lead in the development of project work breakdown structure.
- Actions have high customer and political scrutiny and require frequent involvement with senior leadership team.
- Facilitates conflict resolution and collaboration across competing interests.
- Resolves competing client and stakeholder needs and perspectives.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Conducts post-project evaluations and formalizes lessons learned
- Identifies opportunities to expand project scope or provide follow on project/parts and services work
- Responsible for providing all necessary escalations to senior management
- Accountable for holding others responsible for their role on the project
- Maintains thorough understanding of contract commercial language, project scope, project schedule and cost
- Develops and maintains customer relationship and establishes customer communication channels
- Maintains ultimate responsibility for the project
- Bachelor's Degree or relevant technical discipline required.
- 10+ years of project management experience in power industry working with medium to large projects ($50M – $200M+)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English). Experience communicating in high stakes scenarios with external stakeholders, preparing necessary testimony for hearings, and developing and delivering strategic communications to management.
- Ability to interpret technical reports and studies and communicate project impact.
- Thorough understanding and implementation of Power projects including Steam generation, Waste to Energy, and similar power generation methodology projects in accordance with contracts/specifications.
- Excellent solution-seeking, teamwork, leadership and communication skills which extend across all organizational and management levels
- Demonstrate successfully independently managed contract negotiations.
- Demonstrate a command of legal knowledge/ contract terms and background associated with successful contract management.
- Demonstrate successful project financing experience.
- Able to successfully work and communicate with members of Sr. Management, peers, subordinates, and unaffiliated third parties.
Babcock and Wilcox Company
13024 Ballantyne Corporate Place, Suite 700
North Carolina United States
From the same organization