Sr IT Security Analyst
Puget Sound Energy
Job ID: 3351
Location: Snoqualmie, WA, US, 98065
Remote and Hybrid Work Opportunities: Hybrid (WA Based)
Puget Sound Energy is looking to grow our community with top talented individuals like you! With our rapidly growing, award winning energy efficiency programs, our pathway to an exciting and innovative future is now.
PSE's Security, Risk and Complianceteam is looking for qualified candidates to fill an open Sr IT Security Analystposition!
Specific details regarding the work arrangements for this position will be discussed in further detail during the interview process.
PSE's Security, Risk and Compliance team is looking for qualified candidates to fill an open Senior IT Security Analyst position! Specific details regarding the work arrangements for this position will be discussed in further detail during the interview process.
Puget Sound Energy's Cyber Risk Management team is looking for a strategic, experienced professional to join us as a Senior IT Security Analyst. In this position, your primary residence must be in Washington State; as part of PSE's hybrid workforce you may work from home as long as you have a dedicated, quiet workspace with reliable high-speed internet, or from one of many PSE offices throughout the Puget Sound region.
Our Cyber Risk Management team identifies cybersecurity risks and protects PSE from potential cybersecurity threats through IT security risk assessments and contract reviews, vulnerability assessments and management, and penetration testing.
Effective written and verbal communication skills are key for success in this role and you must also be passionate about mentoring and coaching junior level employees to ensure bench strength and support internal career progression.
Why you should work @ PSE IT:
We are leaders in delivering technology solutions that drive IT innovation within the energy industry and create long-term value for our customers. Across our organization you'll find diverse thinkers who thrive in a culture of collaboration and teamwork while enjoying a flexible work environment that fosters creativity, commitment, and most importantly – a work-life balance.
If you're looking for a well-rounded, opportunity-rich career path, you have come to the right place. Join us and help make a difference in achieving a clean-energy future through technology and teamwork.
- Develops, delivers, maintains or monitors IT security policies, standards, and best practices.
- Implements, integrates, and maintains, reports or monitors security and compliance risk management procedures to reduce financial loss and critical business failures.
- Performs security, vulnerability and threat assessments and response activities.
- Upholds the safety compliance standards inherent in PSE's operating and/or field procedures related to work responsibilities. Promotes and supports a culture of total safety.
- Demonstrates commitment to conduct business honestly, ethically and consistent with our core values and Code of Conduct. Ensures duties are performed in accordance with all regulatory compliance obligations. Analyzes application security needs based on the sensitivity or proprietary nature of the data, and ensures all systems are utilized for management-approved purposes only.
- Provides technical expertise and guides the administration of security tools that control and monitor information security.
- Researches, evaluates, designs, tests, recommends, and plans implementation of new or improved information security software or devices.
- Provides expert working knowledge of the day-to-day operating environment, available tools, operating techniques, and customer applications.
- Applies security, risk or compliance fundamentals, concepts and principles in at least one process area.
- Updates processes, procedures and policies as necessary.
- Provides advice and guidance regarding the implementation of security controls.
- Determines causes of security issues and compliance violations and recommends corrective actions.
- Coaches less experienced IT professionals.
- Operates under general direction.
- Two year degree or certification in a technology-related field or equivalent combination of education, work experience or relevant military experience, and at least 4 years of experience in related field.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Customer centric focus with demonstrated ability to apply insights to meet customer technology needs and improve IT maturity.
- Proven experience working independently and/or in a team environments to deliver on initiatives.
- Ability to drive for results to deliver against commitments, and hold yourself and others accountable.
- Growth mindset to rapidly learn new skills and be able to collaborate to deliver creative IT solutions.
- Solid verbal and written communications skills; ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding.
- Understanding and experience with administering security products and techniques, including enterprise vulnerability management solutions.
At PSE we value and respect our employees and provide them opportunities to excel. We offer a competitive compensation and rewards package.
The pay range for this position is $92,900.00 - $163,600.00, and this position is eligible for annual goals based incentive bonuses.
Puget Sound Energy
10885 NE 4th St
Washington United States
From the same organization