Sr IT Business Analyst
Puget Sound Energy
Job ID: 3525
Location: Bellevue, WA, US, 98004
Remote and Hybrid Work Opportunities: Hybrid (WA Based)
Puget Sound Energy is looking to grow our community with top talented individuals like you! With our rapidly growing, award winning energy efficiency programs, our pathway to an exciting and innovative future is now.
PSE's IT Project Management Officeteam is looking for qualified candidates to fill an open Sr IT Business Analystposition!
Specific details regarding the work arrangements for this position will be discussed in further detail during the interview process.
Puget Sound Energy's IT Financial Management team is looking for two enthusiastic, industrious Senior IT Business Analysts. These positions focus on business negotiations and contracts, nance activities, process ownership and optimization, and vendor strategy and work out of Washington State. Additionally, the team supports PSE's Beyond Net Zero Carbon goals by 2045.
We are leaders in delivering technology solutions that drive IT innovation within the energy industry and create long-term value for our customers. Across our organization you'll nd diverse thinkers who thrive in a culture of collaboration and teamwork while enjoying a exible work environment that fosters creativity, commitment, and most importantly – a work-life balance.
If you're looking for a well-rounded, opportunity-rich career path, you have come to the right place. Join us and help make a di erence in achieving a clean-energy future through technology and teamwork!
- Facilitate the business negotiation and contract practices associated with numerous technology renewals across IT and PSE business units. Duties include (but are not limited to): requesting/reviewing quotes, evaluating source options (e.g. supplier versus value added reseller (VAR)), assessing product and service o ering, partnering with technology owners, assessing contract language and submitting completed' renewal for execution.
- Execute on the nancial management practices associated with technology renewals. Duties include (but are not limited to): budgeting/forecasting expenses, processing invoices, submitting journal entries, accruals, amortization schedules, etc., recurring and ad-hoc nancial reporting and accounting policy guidance (e.g. hardware, software, facilities, etc.)
- Facilitate technology portfolio and nancial reviews with technology owners and leadership across IT and PSE business units.
- Perform process analysis across functional IT and business unit teams to ensure current and future IT and business unit needs are recognized and plans are developed.
- Develop and maintain communication plans involving technology renewals, process changes, etc.
- Develop and maintains key metrics, measures and KPIs to ensure ongoing operational excellence and consistent communication with key stakeholders including IT and business unit leadership teams.
- Facilitate conversations related to technology, process and strategic planning across IT and business units as it relates to engaging with suppliers and value-added resellers (VARs).
- Must demonstrate leadership in times of change and being comfortable with ambiguity.
- Mentors and coaches less experienced analysts to acquire ner points of business negotiations and contracts and nance activities.
- Operates under limited direction.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and 5 years of experience in related field, or combination of specialized training or experience and five years of directly relevant experience.
- Expertise in process design, reengineering, and requirements management and documentation methodologies.
- Experience in requirements management, diagramming, use case development (UML).
- Solid understanding of IT services and delivery processes.
- Demonstrated team leadership and facilitation techniques.
- Some experience in business case development.
- Has a strong understanding of information systems, business processes, the key drivers and measures of success for the relevant business.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Demonstrated creative thinking and analytical skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Project, Excel, Outlook and Visio.
- Demonstrated technology domain and product knowledge.
- Demonstrated experience applying program and project management best practices.
- Experience with GAAP and FERC accounting.
- Experience with SAP, BPC, ServiceNow, Ariba, PowerBI and/or related systems/tools.
Puget Sound Energy
10885 NE 4th St
Washington United States
From the same organization