Sr. Business Analyst – Onsite
Sr. Business Analyst – Onsite
Hartford, CT, USA
Length and terms:
Long term – W2 or C2C
Position created on 03/10/2023 09:17 pm
**** Onsite *** Webcam interview; very long term project; initial PO for 1 year with multiyear extensions *** Proof of vaccination required
This is Us
The State of Connecticut is embarking upon a project to modernize applications within the Collections Department, streamline operations and increase efficiency. When you join the Connecticut Collections Team, youll enjoy solving complex problems with a curious, supportive, high performing team.
Is This You?
- Analytic. You naturally think logically and can explain difficult concepts to non technical users.
- Curiosity. You want to know the users needs, understand a projects why as well as the what, and look forward to getting to the bottom of a mystery.
- Efficiency. You can look at the Big Picture and see where data intersects, allowing you to map out logical workflows that maximize data coherency and process automation.
About the Role:
The Business Analyst will support the team by performing detailed requirements analysis, workflow design, process documentation, and guiding user acceptance testing as we replace multiple legacy systems with a modern, comprehensive solution.
Experiences Required for This Role
Requirements Analysis – At least 5 years of experience and use cases with the following:
- Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions
- Leading reviews of business processes and developing optimal workflows to increase efficiency of system and user resources
- Staying up to date on the latest process and IT advancements to automate and modernize systems
- Conducting meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings
- Working closely with clients, technicians, and managerial staff
- Managing projects, developing project plans, and monitoring performance
- Updating, implementing and maintaining procedures
- Prioritizing initiatives based on business needs and requirements
- Serving as a liaison between stakeholders and users
Process Documentation – At least 3 years of experience and use cases with the following:
- Documenting and communicating the results of your requirements analysis
- Effectively communicating your insights and plans to cross functional team members and management
- Gathering and reporting critical information from meetings with various stakeholders
- Monitoring solution design through the Systems Development Life Cycle to ensure project goals are fully realized
User Acceptance Testing – At least 2 years of experience and use cases with the following:
- Ensuring solutions meet business needs and requirements
- Designing and performing user acceptance testing
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- The ability to influence and determine acceptable solutions with stakeholders
- Advanced technical and documentation skills
- Reporting and presentation skills
- A track record of following through on commitments
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills
- A history of leading and supporting successful projects
Performance in Complex Situations:
- Communication and collaborationClearing challenges for team members
- Comfort in blazing a path through an ambiguous work environment
- Ability to juggle multiple project workstreams in order to prioritize, organize, and triage in an independent environment
- Encouraging of an interactive, cooperative, collaborative, and customer focused work environment
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Judgement in dealing effectively and diplomatically with all levels of government staff
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
Other Desirable Skills:
- A bachelors or masters degree in business or related field
- 5 years of business analysis or a related field.
- Ability to effectively and empathetically communicate to end users to understand their workloads, goals, and stressors
- 1 year of user research and analytics Proficiency with MS Office tools including MS Visio, Project, and PowerPoint.
The consultant will:
- Provide timely delivery of all assigned tasks
- Work with the Project team in managing project deliverables
- Use the DAS supplied SharePoint/Team site to store and collaborate on project documentation
- Be responsible for reviewing project tasks, schedules, and resources and make changes or additions, as appropriate; measuring and evaluating progress against the Project Management Plan (PMP)
- Address and resolve deviations from the PMP
- Participate in regularly scheduled project status meetings
- Prepare and submit weekly status reports to the co leaders
- Follow the project change control procedures
- Review of deliverable materials
- Provide documentation and transition work to state employees at end of engagement
Contact the recruiter working on this position:
The recruiter working on this position is Ravi Kiran
His/her contact number is +(1) (252) 3709451
His/her contact email is [email protected]
Our recruiters will be more than happy to help you to get this contract.