City of Charlottesville
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
TO APPLY: Applications are only accepted online through the City of Charlottesville employment page and must be submitted prior to the listed closing date and time. Click here to apply.
This position officiates athletic sporting events, games, competitions and tournaments. Sports may include, but are not limited to: Adult Volleyball, Adult Men's and Women's Basketball, Youth Basketball and Flag Football. Reports to a Parks and Recreation Operations Specialist or Athletics Coordinator.
We are currently seeking Officials for the following Sports: (note that the below listed sports will be updated as needed):
- Adult Volleyball: Year-round
- Basketball Official: December – March
Officials receive a pay of $25.00 per game. This is a part-time temporary position with no benefits.
- Basketball officials that possess a current VHSL basketball officiating certification are eligible to receive a pay of $34 per game.
NOTE: This job opportunity is advertised with a closing date of "Continuous." If interested in being considered, an application should be submitted as soon as possible. Applications will be evaluated on a continuous basis. Interviews will be conducted as soon as possible during the recruitment with candidates who are best qualified. Applications may no longer be considered once a candidate to fill the position is identified. This job announcement will close when the position(s) have been filled and may close at any time.
- Must be at least 18 years of age by employment start date;
- Any combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job.
- Minimum of three (3) months of experience in a recreation or similar environment as an official OR three (3) years as a participant in the specified sport at a high level.
- Must be able to work flexible schedule including early mornings, weeknights, weekends and holidays;
- All staff serving in this role will be required to complete the Parks and Recreation Certification program for Officials on an annual basis.