Specialist – Advisor-Continuing
Michigan State University
East Lansing, MI
The Academic Advisor will be responsible for academic advising, student recruitment (including on- and off-campus events), admissions, orientation, progression, degree certification, and special program facilitation for Nursing and Pre-Nursing students. This position will collaborate with the College of Nursing faculty and staff, program coordinators, academic administrators, College-based committees, and off-campus partners.
- Advise, orient, and monitor the progression of College of Nursing students in the Nursing and Pre-Nursing programs.
- Represent the College of Nursing at internal and external events and functions, including recruitment of students.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.
Masters -Student Affairs, Higher Education or rel
- A minimum of one year of academic advising and/or recruiting experience in an institution of higher education.
- Considerable knowledge of student educational policies, procedures, and advising.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written) with experience in public speaking.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability and desire to work in a team environment.
- Strong knowledge and ability to use programs in the Microsoft Office suite.
- Two to three years of academic advising and/or recruiting experience in higher education.
- Experience in health professions.
- Familiarity with MSU’s software and advising systems such as Campus Solutions, ESAF, Student Success Dashboard, or similar systems.
- Experience developing, tracking, and reporting college student progression and recruitment metrics.
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter/Letter of Interest
- Names and contact information of three professional references
The university is requiring all MSU students, faculty and staff to be vaccinated against COVID-19 with limited exceptions. Learn more at: https://msu.edu/together-we-will/
Application review will begin on October 20, 2022 and continue until a suitable candidate is identified.
Review of Applications Begins On
The College of Nursing is committed to the land grant philosophy and our relationship with the community. We are busy working to achieve our strategic priorities in the areas of:
- Community Outreach
Across all of these priority areas we seek to increase appreciation for diversity and incorporate the value of inclusion into our College.
Michigan State University has been advancing the common good with uncommon will for more than 160 years. One of the top research universities in the world, MSU pushes the boundaries of discovery and forges enduring partnerships to solve the most pressing global challenges while providing life-changing opportunities to a diverse and inclusive academic community through more than 200 programs of study in 17 degree-granting colleges.