Space Systems Flight Software Developer- Mid Level
Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking talented and motivated Space Systems Flight Software Developer to join a diverse, highly skilled team to perform penetration tests on customer systems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber, and commercial fields, Dynetics provides alert, cost-effective intelligence, engineering, scientific, and IT Solutions.
Primary assignments will include
Boosting development and adherence to a program-specific software development plan,
Developing and testing software and hardware for satellite payload systems
Aligning with on-orbit operations with software updates, performance studies, hardware interface testing, and other hardware/software integration activities pre and post launch.
This position is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated person that loves to ticker with hardware/software projects and wants to take it their knowledge to the next level of space hardware integration.
- Candidate will either possess or be pursuant of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent degree
- from an ABET-accredited institute
- Candidate will have 2-5 years of relevant technical work history.
- Candidate should demonstrate mastery in the fundamentals of data structures, algorithms, operating systems, object-oriented programming, and will possess an aptitude for good object-oriented software design techniques.
- Candidate will demonstrate strong competency in software development in the C#, C++, Java, Python, Objective-C, Perl, or Ruby programming language.
- Candidate is expected to participate in and contribute to software design, code reviews, and physical hardware integration activities.
- Candidate should have prior work integrating hardware/software in a SBC, similar to Raspberry Pi, Odroid, or UDOO Bolt.
- The position requires candidates to be capable of performing in a combined engineering environment working closely with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Candidate will have prior work demonstrating a pattern of ethical decisions and a dedication to integrity at the contributor level that conform to Dynetics’ Code of Ethics.
- Candidate will need a SECRET clearance or higher prior to start
Candidate will be a resident of the North Alabama area or be willing to relocate to the Huntsville/North Alabama area
- 1+ years prior work with space systems (ground or flight) hardware/software and code development a plus
- Have a passion for KSP
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (as well as maintain) a Final Secret Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.