SommelierTOPPER’S at the Wauwinet
TOPPER’S at the Wauwinet
TOPPER'S at the Wauwinet is seeking a seasonal Sommelier at our fine dining restaurant for the 2023 summer season.
This position must posses an in-depth knowledge and great understanding of wine.
Experience in a similar fine dining atmosphere required.
This position starts in April 2023 and runs through October 2023.
Sommelier responsibilities include recommending wine varieties to our guests.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Recommend food and wine pairings
- Advise guests on wines based on their personal tastes and food choices
- Inform guests about different varieties of wines and prices
- Ensure wines are served at the right temperature and within the proper glassware
- Comply with all health and safety regulations
- Experience as a Sommelier, Wine Steward/Stewardess or similar role
- Ability to create tasteful food and wine pairings
- Extensive knowledge of different wines and which regions produce each type
- Understanding of the winemaking process
- Certification as a Sommelier or degree in hospitality is a plus
Applicants should also work well under pressure, possess excellent communication skills, be organized, flexible, self-motivated, and have a great sense of humor.
Recipient of many accolades, including AAA Five Diamond Award – TOPPER'S, a long-time recipient of the prestigious Wine Spectator Grand Award, includes 1450 current wine selections.
TOPPER's offers a la carte and prix fixe menus showcasing seasonally inspired cuisine with an emphasis on local produce and seafood.
Rated by The Boston Globe as one of the Top Places to Work in Massachusetts, White Elephant Resorts is a collection of premier properties which includes White Elephant Nantucket, White Elephant Palm Beach, The Wauwinet, Jared Coffin House, The Cottages at Nantucket Boat Basin and Nantucket Boat Basin.