Software Engineering / Robotics Intern
Cowden Technologies, Inc.
Job DescriptionCowden Technologies, Inc. has a variety of active and upcoming projects requiring assistance with software development, mechatronics, CAD, building virtual environments for simulation, custom hardware construction, microcontroller programming, and patent research. The ideal candidate will have a passion for learning and applying existing technologies of the software, electrical, and mechanical nature to both meet the requirements of client contracts as well as build novel systems with the intent of commercializing the new technology. The position will require the candidate to demonstrate initiative and drive in order to go beyond basic completion of assigned tasks by expanding upon ideas and tasks with vision and creative problem-solving. The work schedule will be defined by the candidate and supervisor to accommodate the candidate’s other commitments and preferred working hours when possible. The work location will be both remote and in an office environment, which is located in the Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center. The intern will be required to work independently, collaboratively, and be able to adapt to changing work priorities. This position will be both a learning environment for the candidate as well as a results-driven experience.
- Proficient written and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficient problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Familiarity with any of the following programming languages: C++, Python, TypeScript, C#
- Familiarity with any of the following software frameworks: ROS 2, Nvidia Isaac, Angular, .NET
- Familiarity with implementing user interfaces given a design guide or using best practices (such as Material Design)
- Experience working with small to medium-sized drones
- Experience with literature reviews or patent research