Senior Technical Marketer, NPI – Colorado
Senior Technical Marketer, NPI – Colorado
Thorlabs, Inc., Lafayette, CO, United States
Founded in 1989, Thorlabs seeks to accelerate the forward movement of scientific discovery and advancement! As a vertically integrated manufacturer of photonics components, instruments, and systems, our vast product portfolio includes over 20,000 items, ranging from optics and optomechanical positioning components to imaging systems, many of which are customer inspired.
Photonics is the foremost technology driving innovation in science and engineering. As the number of technological innovations has grown, Thorlabs has extended its core competencies in an effort to play an ever increasing role serving the Photonics Industry at the research end, as well as the industrial, life science, medical, and defense segments.
Headquartered in Newton, NJ, Thorlabs has grown to over Approximately 2,300 employees with manufacturing and sales offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Sweden, Japan, China, and Brazil. As light-based technologies push into new markets, Thorlabs plans to enter early with the products and services required to ensure the ultimate success of our customers.
Would you enjoy leveraging your physics/optics background to spearhead the creation of effective presentations that inform and educate other scientists about products and their applications? If so, Thorlabs, a leading manufacturer of equipment for the optics and photonics industry, is seeking applications from individuals with extensive hands-on laboratory experience and an advanced degree in physics, optics, lasers, or a closely related field to fill our open Senior Technical Marketer role.
As a member of our Newton, NJ-based NPI (New Product Introduction) Marketing Team, you will join a group of highly motivated individuals who have built an industry-leading online resource for our customers and participate in ensuring that new product presentations continue to provide deep technical details to assist with buying decisions. In support of that mission, you’ll work directly with our in-house graphics team and liaise with design engineers and application specialists from around the globe.
The Senior Technical Marketer must be a self-starter who can work through ambiguity to lead projects from start to finish, ensuring all content is technically accurate and meets brand standards. Strong writing and presentation skills in English, excellent organizational skills, the ability to work under time constraints, and a desire to learn about new technologies are also essential for this role.
The Senior Technical Marketer position offers a flex option, working 2 days per week out of our Lafayette, CO facility and 3 days from home, with the opportunity to travel to tradeshows and other Thorlabs manufacturing locations, including our headquarters in Newton, NJ.
$5,000.00 sign on bonus available for this position.
Essential Job Functions
- As a technical expert, you’ll partner with a cross-functional team (including, for example, applications engineers, design engineers, videographers, and graphic artists) to plan, develop, and manage the successful delivery of technical content in support of new product introduction (NPI)
- Proactively ensures customers can make informed and efficient decisions on which product(s) best serve their needs and that all documentation meets organizational standards.
- Develops and implements proposals for website organization to facilitate NPI, ensuring customers with varying backgrounds and expertise can find what they are looking for amidst a portfolio of 20,000+ products.
- Oversees supersessions/obsolescence of products associated with NPI
- Builds or guides others in the construction of application examples that help customers understand how products are utilized within a lab environment.
- Guides graphics staff, clearly and effectively communicating desired outcomes to obtain the necessary images, videos, and animations for a successful presentation.
- Reviews updates to presentations created by other technical marketers to support new product releases, ensuring they follow Thorlabs’ standards and are technically sound.
- Participates in defining new products and/or product enhancement.
- Structures and organizes the job in close cooperation with business units, both domestically and abroad.
- Learns and implements best practices for building website content, incorporating search engine optimization tactics as appropriate.
- Manages multiple projects in different stages of production and consistently meets deadlines.
Thorlabs values its diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
- An advanced degree in Physics, Optics, Lasers, or a closely related field or a bachelor’s degree plus 10 years of equivalent work experience
Specialized knowledge and Skills:
- Extensive laboratory experience and familiarity with photonics equipment
- Great presentation and communication skills with the ability to understand the audience, to structure effective presentations, and distill key messages to effectively inform and persuade
- An ability to flourish with minimal guidance, in a dynamic, fast-changing environment, and be proactive in times of ambiguity
- Expertise in writing brand-consistent content that meets project goals and addresses user needs
- Strong Organizational and Planning Skills
- Native Language Writing Skills in English
- Ability to Multitask, Be Detail Oriented, and to Solve Problems, All While Under Tight Time Constraints