Senior Supply Chain Management Specialist
DESCRIPTION OF ROLE
At Subsea 7, we take pride in being recognised globally as a leader across the Energy Industry. For 5 decades our people have delivered over 1000 projects in all water depths across our energy hubs and we continue to do so, adapting and evolving in an ever-changing world.
Our success and sustainability are only made possible by continuing to develop our assets and technology through innovation and collaboration, and importantly through the development and diversity of our people who every day ‘Make Incredible things Happen’at Subsea 7.
Subsea 7 has a requirement for a Senior Supply Chain Management Specialistto join the Gulf of Mexico team based in our Houston, US office.
The Senior Supply Chain Management Specialist performs a key role supporting Subsea 7 projects and functions. The Senior Supply Chain Management Specialist is responsible for the development and management of all supply chain activities starting with strategic sourcing, contract management, and supplier development with eventual responsibility for taxation issues, import/export, within a Project Organization.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Source competitive bids from qualified suppliers for goods and services that meet specification, quality, budgetary and schedule requirements.
- Negotiate and award commitments with suppliers ensuring that the most favourable terms of contract are obtained.
- Operate within standardised SCM policies, processes and systems and leverage the systems side to support the provision of relevant quality metrics.
- Develop relationships with suppliers including performing sites visits.
- Place and manage subcontracts ensuring that delivery dates are met, and any supply issues are resolved.
- Negotiate and report cost savings to project/business.
- Proactively liaise and support internal clients with performance of the assigned SCM activities.
- Manage the defined elements of the supply chain process as delegated.
- Capitalise from lessons learned and is performed in accordance with best practice, striving to mitigate risk, promoting safety and integrity consistently.
- Candidates must demonstrate previous experience of and the ability to cope with the pressure of meeting demanding targets and working to tight deadlines.
Professional Qualifications and Experience
- Work experience in a similar role is advantageous preferably within the Energy industry.
- A strong working knowledge and experience with SAP / SAP Ariba is advantageous.
- Knowledge of market/industry suppliers and service providers is advantageous.
- Experience in project/package management.
- Knowledge of engineering terminology, supplier evaluation, purchase order creation, subcontract management, contract terms & conditions and negotiation is required.
- Must demonstrate excellent negotiation skills and have previous experience of working with subcontracts.
- Must be flexible, open to changing priorities and reliable.
- Ideally candidates will be able to demonstrate relevant work experience within the Oil and Gas industry.
- Ability to articulate learning and development experiences and a willingness to participate in development of own career.
- The position requires candidates to interact with people at various levels in the organisation and also external suppliers therefore candidates should be able to demonstrate strong communication and organisational skills.
- Candidates should be able to solve problems using their own initiative. The role also commands strong organisational and time management skills.
Subsea 7 are committed to creating a diverse workforce and we look to offer excellent career opportunities as well providing a wide range benefits and a flexible working environment.