Senior Supervisor, Field Metering Operations
Southern California Edison
Become a Senior Supervisor, Field Metering Operationsat Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. In this job, you will be a frontline supervisor to a highly niche workforce of Field Service Representatives within the Metering Field Operations (MFO) group of T&D's Central Field Services Organization. The Senior Supervisor will be held accountable for safety and deliver tangible results related to the customer billing work orders pertaining to meter reading, credit, and revenue protection; and will supervise between six to twelve IBEW represented employees. In addition, the Senior Supervisor is responsible to ensure the safety and development of their employees, while providing direction and monitoring of resources to improve productivity, cost efficiency, and the scheduling and completion of multiple projects; while meeting customer/compliance dates.
As a Senior Supervisor, Field Metering Operations, your work will help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future?
A day in the life – Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Ensure that all work is executed and completed in a safe, efficient manner by conducting field observations, recognizing and rewarding good work practices, correcting unsafe conditions and work practices, and providing field supervisory support in cases of emergency situations.
- Promote a safety culture by conducting and overseeing all safety investigations, close calls, safety team participation, and safety stand-downs.
- Optimize the cost efficiency of employees through the managing of overtime and ensuring accurate tail-boarding, reviewing daily timesheets, resolving employee disputes, hiring personnel, and providing mentor/feedback regarding performance.
- Review/approve expense sheets.
- Coordinate and interact with other district personnel.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with applicable governmental/regulatory laws and requirements.
- Interact with bargaining unit employees, union leadership, Craft Driven Safety Program (CDSP), Union Safety Representative (USR), Union Safety Board (USB), and Human Resources representatives.
- Participate in cross-functional teams that support Metering Field Operation (MFO) projects and initiatives.
- Spend a majority of their time in the field, observing, coaching and mentoring MFO employees.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Prioritize work, execution of work, and customer happiness.
- Four or more years combined experience performing or supervising Field Services employees for MFO.
- Possess a valid Driver's license.
- Bachelor degree in engineering, business, or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience in team leadership in a field environment.
- Experience as a Supervising Field services Representative.
- Experience with field computer applications including ClickSoft, FATS, EMS Tracking, and other related work management systems.
- Experience with labor relations, diversity issues, and application of the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA).
- Evaluated employee performance, their managed development, provide coaching/feedback, and hire of field personnel.
Southern California Edison
P.O. Box 800
From the same organization