Senior Quality Assurance Analyst, E – commerce
The E-Commerce, Sr. Quality Assurance Analyst is responsible for all Website, E-Commerce and Digital Marketing programs’ Quality Assurance (QA) and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) planning, executing and administering application testing—manual and automated, and post mortem release analysis activities—championing the quality of the Website, E-Commerce and Digital programs.
This will be a highly technical, hands-on role reporting directly to the E-Commerce, marketing optimization within the E-Commerce Marketing department. This position will work with E-Commerce and Marketing leadership, IT, and business management to help define direction and drive accountability for quality in the company’s digital business.
They will be responsible for working with and maintaining the relationship with 3rd party vendor(s) resources to develop and maintain quality assurance automation tools and scripts. Working closely with the E-Commerce Marketing business owner(s) to test all new and updated features throughout the implementation process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – Other Duties May Be Assigned
• Leads Website and E-Commerce Quality Assurance (QA) and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) activities with E-Commerce Marketing team and works with a cross-functional agile project team responsible for release management.
• Collaborates closely with the IT QA Department to ensure that agreed upon companywide QA standards are followed and any changes to process, documentation and reporting are approved and agreed upon.
• Participates in Agile development process from business requirements gathering through software design reviews to provide input and identify potential problems.
• Works with E-Commerce BA/PM and Marketing team members to understand and clarify requirements and stories.
• Develops, executes and maintains QA and UAT test plans, test scenarios, test suites and test cases for E-Commerce and support for digital programs as required.
• Executes and administers application testing, defect reporting, and facilitates post mortem release analysis activities to drive on-going process improvement.
• Creates and/or oversees the creation and approval of project test cases and QA-related documentation for websites and E-Commerce.
• Creates and gains project approval on project test plans with business owner(s), E-Commerce BA and IT Business Process owner(s).
• Provides accurate and justifiable estimates for QA resources and testing schedules.
• Effectively executes tests, develops and reports quality KPIs and metrics, and records results working with others to identify and resolve defects.
• Provides daily, and weekly status updates to the management team on overall product quality and health.
• Helps to mentor and develop skills in others.
• Incorporates test automation as part of their work process.
• Defines best practices for test automation and work with teams to ensure their work aligns with best practices
• Defines automation strategy for regression, release, etc.
• Defines and implements a process that ensures appropriate test cases are defined for all new features and that manual and automation tests are updated for all new features.
• Collaborates with onshore and offshore team members on all project related testing.
• May oversee and coordinate onshore and offshore testing activities.
• Ensures applications meet quality standards and satisfy the desired functionality.
• Support the internal IT organization’s testing of web applications and integration testing involving .Net applications, web services, and other 3rd party integrations that work with the website and e-commerce.
• Operates in a highly collaborative environment and works closely with business and IT Partners to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
• Understanding of Agile software development processes and ceremonies
• Is available 24/7 and provides quality testing and support as necessary.
• Works under minimal supervision.
• Primary job functions require exercising independent judgment.
• Interacts with E-Commerce and Marketing staff, business management, and IT staff.
• Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information.
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
• Strong knowledge of a SDLC and SQA methodology as well as experience testing on an Agile team
• Excellent troubleshooting, analytical, and problem solving skills
• Excellent test resource planning and test scheduling skills
• Ability to produce effective software test plans and test cases
• Proven ability to provide project testing estimates
• Proven ability to work with teams to define and enforce guidelines and standards that support testing automation.
• Ability to work effectively and produce consistent results with minimum supervision
• Strong work ethic, positive attitude & excellent collaboration skills.
• Ability to adapt to a continuously changing working environment.
• Ability to develop and implement more efficient ways of working.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to drive results across multiple teams.
• Strong communication and leadership skills with ability to communicate with all levels of the organization from senior management down to staff level.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Math, Computing and Digital Media or related degree required.
• Minimum 7 years of software quality assurance experience in E-Commerce
• Minimum 4 years of functional and back-end testing of E-Commerce websites and backend applications, including order management systems
• Minimum 4 years of hands-on experience using industry standard software QA tools
• Minimum 4 years recent experience using JIRA and Confluence to support Agile development teams.
• Minimum 2 years creating and/or maintaining test automation scripts.
• Experience using developer mode in Chrome, IE, Firefox, Safari
• Experience testing on desktop, tablets, mobile devices and various email environments.
• Experience with Google Analytics and testing GTM desired.
• Experience with or basic Understanding of .NET and .NET development environment desired.
• Experience with or basic Knowledge of relationship databases and web services desired.
• Experience with Microsoft Office, Microsoft Teams and Lotus Notes (or other Email).
• B2C and Retail industry experience highly desired.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
• Standard office environment. Stress may occur with tight deadlines and long hours.
• Standard physical activity such as standing, walking, and basic motor skills to access computer files for information, data entry or document creation. Sitting for extended periods.
• Requires irregular working hours as necessary to oversee quality testing of release deployments.