Senior Project Manager (Architectural Historian)
- Full Time
- Posted 1 month ago
- 70,000-85,000 USD / Year
- Closes: March 25, 2023
- Department: Architectural History
- Job Qualifications:
Qualifications & Abilities:
- Master’s Degree or PhD degree in History, Architectural History, Historic Preservation, or closely related field OR meets the Secretary of the Interior’s Professional Qualifications Standards for Architectural History/History.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with the architecture and history of the mid-Atlantic/Northeast region (preferred).
- At least 8 years of experience as a Principal Investigator.
- Diverse project management experience on small and large project types of varying complexity.
- Experience with various regional, state, and federal cultural resource management regulations, including a good working knowledge of NEPA and Section 106.
- Detailed, working knowledge of the Secretary of the Interior’s Standards for the Treatment of Historic Properties, and the National Park Service’s guidelines for completing HABS/HAER/HALS documentation projects.
- Ability to prepare technical and cost proposals.
- Generate and contribute resourceful and effective problem-solving strategies as a member of an interdisciplinary team
- Technical writing, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Collegiality in working with archaeologists and historians as part of a team environment.
- Strong self-starter attitude with a keen attention to detail.
- Effective multi-tasking abilities while managing priorities and meeting project deadlines and budgets.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to traverse up to five miles per day for fieldwork.
- How to Apply:
To be considered for this opportunity, please email a cover letter, resume or CV detailing education and work, and relevant writing sample (3-5 pages) experience to:
Lynn Alpert and Allee Davis, Co-Directors of Historic Architectural Services
- Job benefits: Benefits include paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; group medical, dental, and vision insurance; and a 401k plan with matching.