Senior Planner: Climax, CO, US, 80429
Climax Molybdenum is the world’s leading producer of molybdenum and has a long, successful history of doing business in a safe, highly efficient and socially responsible manner. We have operated in Colorado for more than 100 years and today have mining and milling operations near Leadville, Kremmling and Empire. Our Climax mine is located between Frisco and Leadville. Our Henderson mine and mill are an hour’s drive apart – separated by the Continental Divide and a 15-mile conveyor system (10 miles is underground). The Henderson mine is about 50 miles west of Denver and 10 miles west of Empire, and the mill is located between Dillon and Kremmling.
Climax Molybdenum has the assets, drive and financial strength to provide attractive and rewarding careers. Take time to explore the opportunity to advance your career at one of our sites – the Climax mine and the Henderson mine and / or mill. Live life at the top!
The Maintenance Planner roles are critical within the Maintenance organization. They identify, collect, organize, and document work order job steps with operations (i.e. tasks), resources, tools, and materials required to safely and effectively execute a maintenance scope of work to improve equipment availability and improve maintenance cost efficiency (time-to-repair + quality-of-repair = lower maintenance costs).
Senior Planners oversee the division Maintenance Planning function, including the direct supervision of the planning staff, while maintaining a strong working relationship with front line Supervisors, relative to planning responsibilities. Ensure effective job planning, scheduling, communication, preparations, staging, budget/forecasting, runtime forecasting, warehouse storage levels and reporting. Responsible for the Freeport-McMoRan Mining Services Maintenance Standards process or source of structure for the maintenance process. Serve as the interdepartmental liaison for all divisions (i.e GSC, Mine Operations, Safety, etc.) as it relates to the Maintenance Planning process.
- Directly supervise, develop and mentor the division Planners and other planning department staff. Responsible for setting meaningful objectives for the division Planners, develop and maintain effective working relationships with front line Supervisors, monitor and ensure quality control of planning processes through data measurement, ensuring adherence to all safety policies and procedure, etc.
- Manage planning/scheduling processes to ensure appropriate daily, short term, and long-range planning and scheduling techniques are followed and executed properly. Ensure quality control in the application of planning processes and procedures. Pay special attention to preparation, communication, facilitation of intradepartmental activities and requirements, daily transaction requirements, and post job follow up. Ensure all relevant activities are properly performed in the maintenance management system (SAP).
- Drive the divisional “Runtime Forecasting” process execution and outcomes by: 1) overseeing the development of detailed monthly plans for each area, 2) facilitating a productive reconciliation meeting with all mine stakeholders, 3) conducting a success- against-plan analysis each month.
- Assist in division planning budget recommendations for the Superintendent. Ensure budget, forecast costs, parts availability and overall materials management processes etc. are in line with expectations.
- Spend time in the field providing review of job preparation, execution, and follow up. Ensure that pre-job and post-job requirements are consistently accomplished to Freeport-McMoRan standards.
- Establish and facilitate meeting with operations and maintenance to provide adequate and timely feedback to Division Superintendent on planning processes and schedules.
- Perform other duties as requested
- High School diploma or GED and eight (8) years of progressive maintenance experience in mining/mfg or industrial operations, including five (5) years in a leadership or supervisory role, OR
- Associates in a technical field and six (6) years related experience in field maintenance in mining/mfg or industrial operations, including three (3) years in a leadership or supervisory role OR
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field and four (4) years progressive maintenance experience in mining/mfg or industrial operations including supervisory or lead experience.
- Thorough understanding of concepts and workflow of Maintenance Planning/Scheduling
- Thorough understanding of mining and/or processing equipment function
- Demonstrated expertise in Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrated competency in maintenance management systems and associated applications.
- Demonstrated professional/effective written and oral communications skills
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required.
- Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as allowed by applicable state laws
Benefits & Compensation
The company provides a competitive and comprehensive benefits package offering health and welfare benefits, paid time off, retirement, and more. These benefits are available to you and your eligible dependents on your first day of employment. Some of your benefits are company paid, and you will pay a portion of other benefits. The company pays the greatest portion of your benefits, passing along only a fraction of the total cost to employees. For further benefits information please click here: Benefits Details
$81,500 – $115,100 Annually
Rate of pay dependent on competency, experience, qualifications and skills
Freeport-McMoRan has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs require employees to perform essential job functions that pose a direct threat to the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel); or
- Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description and which upon further review continue to be designated as safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability