Senior Organizational Development Advisor
San Diego, CA
REQ NUM 22-66436
In a lead capacity, works in conjunction with Human Resources Directors and Organizational Development Manager to support Sempra Energy's business units by evaluating, planning and implementing strategies to address employee and leadership development, succession planning, career management and training and development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the comprehensive succession planning process; creates and shares companywide queries and reports, prepares for and facilitates talent management meetings, monitors and customizes candidate development plans and develops succession plans; partners with system administrator to resolve business unit questions and needs.
- Develops, facilitates and manages new leadership and employee training programs as well as re-designs existing programs to meet changing conditions or audiences.
- Provides one-on-one career and professional development coaching to employees within Corporate Center and other business units as requested and appropriate.
- Facilitates organizational, team and individual assessment process for clients including interpretation, action planning and coaching (eg. 360 assessments, DiSC, CPI, Strengths Finder).
- Provides guidance to management and non-management employees on training-related and development related issues.
- Key role in the assessment process for identifying high potential employees through the assessment tools such as the LII (Leadership Insight Inventory) including system management, training and coaching.
- Manages contractual process for outside vendors to ensure the delivery of key development programs, systems and resources.
- Facilitates and assist with the coordination of special programs/events as requested.
- Proactively researches and stays informed on new organizational development methods, techniques, vendors and research.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
- A four-year degree in Organizational Development, Industrial/Organizational Psychology or related field required.
- Master's Degree Graduate degree preferred.
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of experience working in an organizational development role.
- 1-2 years experience partnering with Human Resources a plus.
- 3-5 years leadership experience with responsibility for direct reports.
- Must reside in Southern California or be willing to relocate upon hire.
- We offer a hybrid work environment. Although the schedule may vary, typically this will allow you to work from the office two to three days per week and work remotely on the remaining workdays.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to maintain long-term, big picture view and analyze complex issues to determine root causes and innovative solutions.
- Requires strong conceptual and analytical skills.
- Requires strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with all levels of management on critical and sensitive issues. Must be able to inspire the trust of officers and directors.
- Previous experience in training, instructional design and adult learning principles required.
- Requires strong project planning skills and the ability to research, design and deliver training and development programs.
- Must be able to analyze and synthesize interpersonal and group dynamics, performance and statistical data and industry trends.
- Embraces and demonstrates commitment to continuous improvement and personal development as a role model for clients.
- Strong consulting/facilitation skills and astute organizational/political awareness are essential.
- Must be collaborative and able to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Must possess highly effective coaching skills.
- Must be action oriented and possess the ability to influence others and outcomes.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office products required.
101 Ash St
California United States
From the same organization