Senior-Level Red Team Engineer
Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking talented and motivated Senior-Level Red Team Engineers to join a diverse, highly skilled team to perform penetration tests on customer systems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber, and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective intelligence, engineering, scientific, and IT Solutions.
This is a full-time position with the Dynetics office in Huntsville, AL. The position consists of performing and leading live penetration tests for customers and performing deep-dive preparatory analysis for any system under test. The position also includes recommending specific mitigation strategies to the customer for discovered vulnerabilities, and testing at multiple stages of the system development/acquisition lifecycle. This also includes red team tool development for use in stand-alone and network-connected systems. The position is responsible for ensuring survivability and resiliency of customer systems under test, and timely delivery of development updates and after-action reports after each red-team activity.
- Bachelor’s degree from an ABET accredited school in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related Technical Degree
- 8 Years of Experience in Penetration/Red Teaming or related Security Field, or a Master’s degree in a related field + 5 year of experience
- Expert in the use of Linux (preferably Kali, Parrot, or similar) and Windows operating systems, command lines, and penetration testing tools.
- Expert knowledge in computer security, whether it be in forensics, systems analysis, penetration testing, tool development, or other related effort.
- Exceptional Problem-Solving Skills
Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or be willing to relocate to the Huntsville/North Alabama area
- Extensive hands-on experience with system analysis, reverse engineering, and/or penetration tests performance and reporting
- Extensive experience analyzing into how security breaches and exploits can disrupt field operations in the defense and private sectors
- Strong communication skills for documenting and relaying findings to customers
- Expert understanding of TCP/IP network architecture
- Extensive experience with developing exploits using scripting languages such as bash, python, etc
- Expert working knowledge of and experience with Scanning/Analysis Tools (nmap, nikto, etc)
- Expert in use of Exploitation Tools (Metasploit, Cobalt Strike, etc)
- Completion or work towards GSEC, GCIH, GPEN, OSCP, OSCE, or similar technical certification
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Top Secret/SSBI Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Final Top Secret Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.