Senior Document Controller
James Fisher and Sons plc.
Senior Document Controller
Full time, Permanent
James Fisher Nuclear is an established supplier of specialist engineering, manufacturing and technical services for applications within challenging, high integrity, environments.
The flexibility, technical expertise and integration of James Fisher Nuclear's (JFN) multi-disciplined design teams is the basis of many effective and valuable long-term relationships with major companies within the nuclear industry.
Working in this complex and demanding industry sector to high levels of quality and safety, we have developed design skills and experience that are much in demand and we have won a strong reputation for responsiveness, delivery and added value.
You will supervise projects based Document Control and Project Support resources working within the James Fisher Nuclear (JFN) Project environment and provide a service to maintain project documentation control across Projects.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Document Control and Project Support Team Leader in supervising Document Controller activities, Annual Leave monitoring and resource planning.
- Comply with JFN Document Control and JFN Document Numbering procedures in relation to recording, controlling, distributing of project documentation. Ensuring that all records are traceable with a full audit trail, including Revision and Version control). Distribute in a timely manner and have the correct Document Number and Revision
- Provide Document Control service, training, and advice/management across allocated JFN projects (creation, retention, handover to client, archive/destruction).
- Register and control/issue all project documentation on the chosen Document Management System, ensuring that all documentation is checked, approved and correctly signed off by appropriate personnel.
- Filing and organisation of documents (both electronic and hardcopies using JFN PDM Document Management Suite ‘Esiora’).
- Review and maintain the accuracy of the records/trackers in timely and accurate manner, editing where necessary to ensure they are up to date.
- Maintain confidentiality around sensitive documentation.
- Assist with the management and maintenance of Document Management System (DMS).
- Carry out periodic audits on various projects – checking that the format of documentation passing through document control is to project standard and is complete for issue (eg. document number(s) correct, revision numbers, signatures, dates, security classifications, correct template etc).
- Handle documentation in line with project and document security classifications and restrictions, as stipulated by JFN and Client requirements.
- Assist in the creation of record retention documents in conjunction with the Project Manager.
- Assist with compilation, dissemination and communication of and Lifetime Record Packs (LTRs) as required.
- Carry out regular checks using the Document Register to highlight any due/overdue documents – sending regular reports to responsible project personnel.
- Maintain a controlled and secure storage area for project documentation which is in hard copy format.
- Assist the Project Manager/Quality Assurance Manager to develop document control procedures.
- Continually review local Document Control procedures on active projects to ensure they are relevant and up to date. Communicate updated procedures to all relevant personnel where appropriate.
- Where project-specific templates are required, update and maintain document control project and departmental templates.
- Manage own timescales and workload, ensuring working hours meet the demands/deadlines of the project, overtime may be required on occasions.
- Provide Document Control/Project Support new starters with an overview of the document control system, and the procedures relating to compliance control of records and data. Also assist in populating and issuing Induction Packs to new starters where requested to do so.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Extensive previous Senior Document Control experience in either Nuclear, Construction / Engineering / Aerospace
- Previous use/management of Electronic DMS system(s)
- Understanding of Document Control contractual requirements on a project.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and use of File Transfer servers
- Knowledge of Document Security and Legal Admissibility.
- Analysis and Tracking of Data, reporting.
- Ability to promote Document Control and Compliance.
- Maintain document history and authentication.
- Previous supervisory experience, knowledge of British Standards (ISO) in Document Control, security cleared or SQEP' – desirable
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills and a strong attention to detail, Ability to rapidly expedite information, organisational and time management skills, interpersonal and communication skills, organisational awareness, customer service skills, ability to use own initiative.
If this sounds like the ideal next step in your career, then click ‘apply’ now!
Due to the volume of applications we receive for our vacancies, on occasion applications may close before the deadline, so please apply early to avoid disappointment
James Fisher and Sons are committed to taking positive action on diversity and strongly encourage applications for candidates from all backgrounds. We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer and recognise that our success depends on our talented and diverse workforce. For more information Click here