Senior Construction Project Manager
Portland General Electric Company
This position will manage various types of construction projects from new construction to major capital upgrades through the engineering, procurement, construction, and commissioning phases of the project. In addition, this position will provide technical and construction support to the Origination Team during the development of generation facility projects which may include wind, solar, and battery storage. This position may also provide management and oversight of various upgrades and maintenance services for existing generation, transmission, and distribution projects.
- Leads large-scale generation and/or transmission and distribution (T&D) capital construction projects. Has responsibility for all aspects of a project, including development, permitting, engineering, procurement, construction, commissioning, and closeout. PM is accountable for meeting a project's goals for safety, budget, schedule, scope, resources, compliance, and quality and ensuring projects deliver quality and value to the customer while meeting environmental, cultural and community requirements.
- Supports development of Renewable RFP's, including technical specifications, for potential renewable generation projects including wind, solar, and battery storage.
- Develops strategic plans when applicable; assesses and evaluates technologies and potential sites for construction projects; develops estimates for capital costs, operating and maintenance costs for projects. Prepares project proposals for RFPs.
- Develops overall project plan, including schedule and cost baselines, dependencies, roles and resource requirements and risk mitigation. Has responsibility for all aspects of a project, including development, permitting, engineering, procurement, construction, commissioning and closeout. Works with Project Controls to develop and maintain project schedule and forecast.
- Communicates project updates via regular stakeholder meetings, formal reports, formal presentations and regular electronic communications; ensures updates achieve effective corporate awareness. Accurately reports on project status, schedules, financials, problems, risks, and other significant issues. Resolves customer issues as applicable.
- Leads a multidisciplined matrix team in a safe, cost-effective, and responsible manner. Provides leadership to team members; ensures effective coordination and collaboration among team members and between PGE stakeholder organizations, outside consultants and vendors. Facilitates team meetings; cultivates and reinforces group values, norms, and behaviors; provides guidance and motivation to team on performance and productivity issues; ensures compliance with established project management methodologies and standards; takes corrective action as needed.
- Leads internal process improvement projects that improve efficiency of the business.
- Facilitates team meetings; cultivates and reinforces group values, norms and behaviors; provides guidance and motivation to team on performance and productivity issues; ensures compliance with established project management methodologies and standards; takes corrective action as needed.
- Represents and protects PGE's interests in negotiations with government agencies, utilities and property owners and during public meetings. Meets with and keeps agencies and local officials abreast of project status.
Required, Senior Level P4:
- Education: Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering, business or a related field or equivalent experience (5 Years in construction project management).
- Experience: Eight or more years of experience in project management, construction management or engineering, including design, operation or maintenance of electrical facilities. Experience in utility environment preferred. Experience developing and/or constructing renewable energy projects is preferred but not required.
- Certification: PMP certification preferred.
- Valid Driver's License required
Read the full posting.
Portland General Electric Company
121 SW Salmon St
Oregon United States
From the same organization