Senior Care Assistant / Nights
St Philips Care Group
Senior Care Assistant- Residential Care Home – Permanent - Nights , Days & Bank
£500 joining bonus for full time
Additional Bank shifts are available if required
St Philip's Care is dedicated to providing outstanding care to our clients which is why we have been named 'The most outstanding care group in the UK' and ‘The most improved Dementia Care Group in the UK’ by the UK Over 50s Housing Awards.
Are you an experienced Carer or Senior Carer looking for a new position in Canwick Court Care Centre
Job Role: To support the Manager in the overall management of the home.
Assume responsibilities of the Manager in their absence. To create an environment which respects the rights and wishes of the residents and to encourage person centred care and maximise independence.
The successful person will be joining a close-knit, friendly team who offer a quality service.
As a Senior Care Assistant you will be responsible for:
- Understanding and providing the requirements for “normal” health and to have insight into the effects on the client and family when continued care is needed.
- To assist the client in any area of his/her daily care needs which they would normally undertake themselves if they were able to do so.
- To participate in holistic caring activities.
- Care for all clients’ needs as required with the aim of optimising their independence.
- Ensure a system is in place that promotes residents participation in the planning and reviewing of care.
- To be responsible for the care planning process, maintaining appropriate medication and care delivery for a designated group of service users
- To understand the right of the individual to confidentiality.
- Moving and handling, dressing and assisting residents in their daily hygiene and dressing needs.
- Observing and reporting any changes in residents condition
- Report to Manager any hazard or unsafe equipment that may be injurious to the health and safety of staff, residents and visitors
As a Senior Care Assistant it would be desirable to have:
- NVQ 3 in Health and Social Care or Care.
- Previous experience of as a senior in a Residential Care or Nursing Home.
- A Passion for Care of the Elderly.
- Experience of Medication Administration
Benefits of working with the St Philips Family
- A supportive, inclusive, friendly working environment
- The opportunity to progress and gain further qualifications “learn while you earn!”
- 4-weekly pay periods
- Full training given
- Paid induction and shadow shifts
- E – Learning incentive scheme
- Paid holiday
- Flexible opportunities to fit around your life
- Rewards scheme for all staff
- Refer a friend bonus scheme worth £100.00
- To be part of the St Philip’s Care family across the UK
- The chance to change lives