Senior Attorney – Regulatory
The Senior Attorney – Regulatory is responsible for developing solutions to a wide variety of complex regulatory, energy policy, and litigation matters that involve collaboration across all levels of the Company. Legal advice given often has significant potential impact to the Company. Requires the regular use of ingenuity and innovation, applying complete understanding and application of relevant legal and regulatory principles to drive positive results consistent with business goals, including the Company's Clean Energy Commitment. Works in close collaboration with cross-functional teams. Must have excellent writing and interpersonal skills and the ability to represent the Company at regulatory proceedings and administrative hearings before the Arizona Corporation Commission. Ability to handle complex matters involving energy policy and rate-making is encouraged. Exercises considerable latitude and judgment in determining approaches to assignments and accomplishing objectives. Must be able to function in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and matters. Interacts frequently with one or more senior management representatives on significant legal matters.
- Degree from an accredited law school
- Licensed state bar member in good standing may be required to become a member of the State Bar of Arizona
- Plus 5 years of experience with significant exposure to corporate clients and the types of legal issues regularly faced by large public companies
1) Independently perform a variety of legal services, which involve a high level of complex and difficult legal and/or factual issues in connection with every phase of the Company's operations.
2) Counsel officers and senior management in the development of strategy regarding negotiations, disputes, claims, litigation/administrative proceedings, etc., by recommending specific courses of action based on extensive research, investigation, analysis, and experience.
3) Provide preliminary instruction, monitor performance of assignments, review soundness of approach/arguments and application of legal principles of outside counsel retained by the company.
4) Direct and coordinate the workflow of project teams, while maintaining positive working relationships with internal and external customers
Export Compliance / EEO Statement
This position is not required to be performed at a specific APS facility as long as adequate technology and a solid ergonomic set up are present. Pending agreement with leadership, employees hired into this role will be able to choose where they prefer to perform their work. Employees will have two options to choose from:
- APS office based: The employee prefers to work most of the time from an APS facility.
- Home based: The employee prefers to work most of the time from his/her home.
400 North 5th Street
Arizona United States
From the same organization