Senior Associate, MLE Strategy
Senior Associate, MLE Strategy
- Evidence Action
- Washington, DC
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- Apply directly on our website
- Where to Apply
About Evidence Action
Evidence Action is a global nonprofit organization with an approach distinctive in international development – we exclusively scale interventions that are backed by strong evidence and can be delivered with exceptional cost-effectiveness. Our programs have grown since our founding in 2013 to reach over 280 million people annually. We deliver high impact for every dollar spent, as recognized by GiveWell, The Life You Can Save, and Charity Navigator.
We do development differently. We take a data-driven approach to identifying, scaling, and continuously improving programs which deliver immense impact, ensuring these solutions measurably improve the lives of millions. Our Deworm the World Initiative has helped governments in Africa and Asia deliver over 1.4 billion childhood deworming treatments, improving health, education, and incomes. Dispensers for Safe Water provides sustained safe water access to over 4 million people in rural Africa, preventing childhood illness and deaths.
We drive innovation: Our Accelerator builds the next generation of exceptional programs, taking an approach most similar to a venture capital model. We are ruthless in exiting programs which do not meet our criteria; those that advance deliver outsized impact for millions of people.
We are global. Across eight countries in Africa and Asia, our 400+ people are united by a tremendous passion for our mission and impact. We are strong because of our diversity of experience, geography, and background – with over 90% of our people in the countries where our impact is focused.
We have big ambitions. Our goal is to double our impact by 2024, to fulfill our vision of a world where hundreds of millions of people in the poorest places have better opportunities and their lives are measurably improved. We believe in bold and urgent action – because poverty doesn’t wait, and neither should we.
We need great people. Our success to date is due to the collective work of our amazing staff. To achieve our ambitious goals, we are looking for people who share our passion for evidence, cost-effectiveness, and scale. We seek individuals who take an entrepreneurial approach, enjoy tackling hard problems, and have a bias to action and results. If our vision and approach excite you as much as it does us, we invite you to join us.
About the MLE Strategy Team
The Monitoring, Learning, and Evaluation (MLE) Strategy team supports Evidence Action’s programs through well-designed monitoring, research, and evaluations and timely access to useful and insightful data analysis for evidence-based decision-making. The MLE Strategy team provides these services to all Evidence Action’s programs.
The Senior Associate, MLE Strategy is an important member of the Global MLE team and supports MLE Managers in ensuring program monitoring frameworks, research, and evaluation studies are designed to fit program MLE objectives. The Senior Associate, MLE Strategy is responsible for providing high quality MLE design, analysis, and communication support to ensure the objectives of the Maternal Syphilis (MS) Screening and Treatment program are met. This support may include the following duties, but the exact responsibilities will ultimately be determined based on program needs.
Design program monitoring frameworks and plans for the Maternal Syphilis program, in close collaboration with program teams.
– Draft and enhance Maternal Syphilis program MLE plans, including theories of change, KPI frameworks, sampling plans, quantitative and qualitative data collection tools, data collection protocols, analytical frameworks, and reporting templates.
– Support the MLE Strategy Manager in collaborating with program leads and country teams in designing monitoring, research, and evaluation projects; by seeking inputs, coordinating workshops, and ensuring accurate communication of program results to ensure data-driven decision making.
– Assist in adaptation of program monitoring frameworks for program expansion.
– Support the implementation of the MLE strategy for the Maternal Syphilis program, working closely with MLE Delivery, Program Teams, and/or in-country data collection partners.
Support MLE Manager in tracking MLE activities against annual work plans, ensuring monitoring and reporting timelines are met.
– Coordinate communications between Evidence Action and M&E vendors, where needed, to achieve program MLE goals.
– Provide design input and support to MLE deliverables, including contributing to technical project plans, drafting protocols, providing oversight of data collection, conducting data analysis, and drafting research and evaluation plans.
– Draft comprehensive and well-designed quantitative and qualitative data collection tools to capture relevant and reliable data as defined in individual research plans.
– Conduct technical tasks; including, but not limited to, power calculations, qualitative and quantitative data analyses, and data quality assessments.
– Review monitoring and operational research reports, describing the objectives and methodologies, synthesizing key results, and recommending actionable next steps for changes to program design and/or monitoring.
– Collaborate with and seek inputs from program and MLE Delivery teams in designing monitoring, research, and evaluation projects.
Support administrative and coordination tasks for the MLE Strategy team.
– Support the development of MLE best practices within the organization and facilitate lesson sharing across Evidence Action geographies.
– Support management of and compliance with MLE quality requirements and guideline documents to ensure MLE deliverables are high-quality.
– Contribute to, and at times lead, cross-cutting projects that further the institutionalization of the MLE Strategy team within the organization.
– Master’s degree in economics, public policy, statistics, international development, or any other relevant quantitative field required, with a minimum of 1 year experience in design and implementation of monitoring and evaluation projects.
– Knowledge of M&E design concepts and methodologies, and experience designing and managing M&E plans.
– Proficient in using statistical software like Stata, R, and Excel; experience managing, analyzing, and interpreting quantitative and qualitative data.
– Ability to translate technical concepts to effectively communicate technical concepts to both technical and non technical audiences.
– Strong writing skills to deliver high-quality deliverables to international program teams and donors.
– Demonstrated ability to self-manage and prioritize assignments in an efficient manner and in alignment with program deadlines.
– Willingness to travel up to 15% of the year to program locations in countries such as; Cameroon, Kenya, Zambia, Liberia, and Indonesia.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. for the role to be based in the US. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of a U.S. employment visa at this time.
Evidence Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.