Senior Architectural Historian
- Full Time
- Posted 6 days ago
- 70,000-90,000 USD / Year
- Closes: April 6, 2023
- Job Summary: Mid- to Senior-Architectural Historian/Preservation Planner overseeing Section 106 review on transportation projects in Georgia.
- Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Architectural History, History, Historic Preservation, or related field, and 4 years of architectural historian experience or demonstrated equivalency of relevant experience and/or education.
- Meets Secretary of the Interior’s (SOI) Professional Qualification Standards for Architectural History.
- Master’s degree in Architectural History, History, Historic Preservation, or a related field.
- 4+ years of experience in working with Cultural Resource Management (CRM) and historic preservation, including the ability to work on a wide range of projects, within interdisciplinary teams, and balance a demanding workload.
- 4+ years of experience with Federal and State CRM requirements, processes, and guidance, including Sections 106 and 110 of the NHPA, NRHP bulletins, SOI Secretary of the Interior’s Standards for the Treatment of Historic Properties, NEPA, and GEPA.
- Working knowledge and experience applying Statewide Historic Contexts for Georgia (i.e. Georgia’s Living Places, Tilling the Earth, The Ranch House in Georgia, etc.) to historic resource evaluations.
- Experience preparing historic resources reports for transportation projects administered by GDOT.
- 4+ years of experience coordinating historic resource evaluations and assessments with the Georgia SHPO.
- 4+ years of experience applying NRHP eligibility criteria and aspects of integrity to historic resources.
- 4+ years of experience in performing historic resources surveys and preparing reports for transportation projects administered by the GDOT.
- Familiarity and working experience with Google Earth Pro, Bluebeam Revu, ArcGIS Pro and/or ArcMap.
- Experience reading and interpreting transportation plans.
- Experience mentoring or providing a technical quality review of CRM documents.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, & Teams).
- How to Apply:
Apply via link: https://jobs.smartrecruiters.com/AECOM2/743999887796433-senior-architectural-historian. Please attach a resume and writing sample with your application.
Please reach out with any questions!
- Contact Name: Matthew Kear, History Section Manager (AECOM ATL)
- Application Email: [email protected]
- Application URL: https://jobs.smartrecruiters.com/AECOM2/743999887796433-senior-architectural-historian