RETAIL SHIFT SUPERVISOR
Company descriptionSiena Farms is an award-winning, 75-acre market farm growing diversified produce on the fertile soils of the Sudbury River valley, twenty-five miles west of Boston. We grow over 100 varieties of vegetables for our year-round CSA, our farmstores in the Boston Public Market and Boston’s South End, and area restaurants including family-owned Oleana, Sofra, and Sarma. We use regenerative, biological agricultural practices to build our soil’s health and productivity, free of chemical herbicides, pesticides, and synthetic fertilizers.Job description
We are seeking hardworking, high-energy, positive individuals who are motivated by a career interest in food and sustainable agriculture to join our team. Siena Farms’ Shift Supervisor is a core member of the year-round retail staff for our 75-acre vegetable farm. They are supervised by our Retail Management team, and work closely with other managers and members of the Siena Farms’ team, to help professionally operate and grow sales at Siena Farms South End (106 Waltham St., Boston) and our farm store.
Primary responsibilities of our Shift Supervisor include but are not limited to assisting Retail Managers with the oversight and execution of the following areas:
- Daily retail sales and point-of-sale system entries
- Friendly and knowledgeable customer service
- Maintenance of opening-day and end-of-day protocols
- Product display, pricing, labeling, and quality control
- Market Card promotion, sales, and customer service
- Training of retail assistants as well as occasional seasonal farm apprentices and crew into some or all of these retail activities
- Flexibility and willingness to cover vacant retail shifts as needed or in emergency situations, including potential double-shifts periodically, with the understanding that if staff hiring, training, and scheduling goals are met, this should rarely be required
- Act as on-site manager in the absence of other retail management staff, including but not limited to: management of retail assistants, placing orders, accepting deliveries, updating online inventories, and coordinating with vendors and delivery services.
- Regular meetings and communication with the Retail Management team
- Assist in completing a monthly product inventory for each retail location
- Assist managers in accepting and organizing deliveries, including updating paperwork and managing invoices.
- Assisting in the management of online delivery platforms, including item builds, inventory, order fulfillment, and communication with external vendors.
Our Shift Supervisor, like all of our employees, is held to high standards for organization, inter-managerial/crew communication, positive attitude, respect and kindness for coworkers, work quality, and professional work ethic and schedule. Of all of these values, respect and kindness for coworkers is the top priority, as everything else follows from that.
This position is full-time and is available to start any time. The weekly schedule will be discussed in detail during the interview process. Compensation is hourly and commensurate with experience. Benefits include a weekly CSA vegetable share, health insurance with monthly premiums fully covered by the employer (after first 90 days of employment), and staff discounts at our retail locations as well as family restaurants and .
- Experience in a retail setting or related field
- Working knowledge / interest in vegetables and cooking
- Excellent work ethic
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to take direction as well as to operate independently
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs repeatedly
- Interest in sustainable agriculture
- Strong communication skills
Compensationthis position is : hourly, $15-20/hr
Application instructionsPlease click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free!DeadlineApril 01, 2023