Head Over Fields
Head Over Fields is a small, certified organic mixed vegetable farm located in the foothills of Mount Philo in Charlotte, Vermont. We are entering our 3rd growing season and are poised to expand our growing season and dial in production! We have established markets, including our 90 member CSA, a robust farm stand on busy Rt. 7, the Shelburne Farmers Market and wholesale accounts with local restaurants and institutions.
We are looking for several hard-working and positive people to join our returning crew and help us keep growing!
*Field & retail positions available.
We are looking for an experienced individual to manage the roadside farm stand. This is a seasonal, full-time position (40-50 hours/week) from April – December 2023. This person will report directly to the Owner/Farm Manger. The ideal candidate would have the following experience and skills:
- Knowledge of and commitment to Vermont agriculture and artisanal Vermont products
- Familiarity with seasonal produce
- Working with a wide range of vendors and distributors
- Merchandising, including creation of signage, building displays and marketing materials
- Retail, including use of a Point of Sale (POS) system (such as Square, Shopify, Clover, Toast or similar software)
- Stocking and inventory management
- Superb customer service
- Product selection
- Ability to multitask
- Independent-worker with the maturity and drive to identify and solve challenges
- Organized and the ability to maintain clean workspaces
- Managing our retail farm stand, inventory and ordering of third-party products
- Setting up displays
- Managing the cash register and customer check out experience
- Accepting deliveries
- Ensuring invoices match the items received and vendors are paid in a timely manner
- Weekly meeting with the Owner/Farm Manager
- Post-harvest processing, such as bagging greens, cleaning onions or garlic, filling pints/quarts
- Restocking the floor and refrigeration units
- Ensuring produce for sale is of the highest quality and is visibly appealing
- Managing spoils
- Opening and closing the retail farmstand
- Maintaining an accurate weekly timesheet
Benefits & Perks:
Access to fresh produce. Work in a beautiful location with views of Lake Champlain and the Adirondack Mountains. 2 minutes to Mount Philo State Park and 10 minutes to the Town Beach. Employee discount at farm stand. Field space available for personal projects.
Compensationthis position is : hourly, varies DOE, $18.00 – $25.00
Application instructionsPlease click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free!DeadlineApril 01, 2023