RETAIL ASSISTANT – FULL OR PART TIME
Company descriptionSiena Farms is an award-winning, 75-acre market farm growing diversified produce on the fertile soils of the Sudbury River valley, twenty-five miles west of Boston. We grow over 100 varieties of vegetables for our year-round CSA, our farmstores in the Boston Public Market and Boston’s South End, and area restaurants including family-owned Oleana, Sofra, and Sarma. We use regenerative, biological agricultural practices to build our soil’s health and productivity, free of chemical herbicides, pesticides, and synthetic fertilizers.Job description
We are seeking hardworking, high-energy, positive individuals who are motivated by a career interest in food and sustainable agriculture to join our team. Siena Farms Retail Assistants are core team members of the year-round retail staff for our 75-acre vegetable farm. Retail Assistants work closely with the managers and other members of the Siena Farms team to help professionally operate and grow retail sales at Siena Farms South End (106 Waltham St., Boston) and Siena Farms @ Boston Public Market.
Retail Assistants, like all of our employees, are held to high standards for organization, communication, positive attitude, respect and kindness for coworkers, work quality, and professional work ethic and schedule. Of all of these values, respect and kindness for coworkers is the top priority, as everything else follows from that. A background in retail sales or customer service is also required, as well as experience with, and passion for, farming and/or cooking.
Our Retail Assistant position is a full-time OR part-time year-round position. Full-time schedule averages 40 hours per week, spread over 4 or 5 shifts per week. Weekend availability is required. Compensation includes hourly wage, a weekly CSA Farm Share, health insurance (for full-time employees after 90 days of employment), and staff discounts at our retail locations as well as family owned restaurants and .
- Greet customers and provide friendly and informed customer service
- Maintain a high level of product knowledge and be able to recommend products based on customer needs and desires
- Perform daily retail sales using point-of-sale system
- Follow all opening and end-of-day systems and protocols
- Help maintain product display, product pricing and labeling
- Maintain accurate invoices for walk-in chefs and other wholesale customers
- Promote our CSA memberships and gift cards
- Uphold a clean, safe, organized, and beautiful working environment for customers and co-workers
Compensationthis position is : hourly, $15-20/hr
Application instructionsPlease click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free!DeadlineApril 01, 2023