Research Associate-Fixed Term
Michigan State University
East Lansing, MI
The Department of Earth & Environmental Sciences is searching for a postdoctoral research associate – fixed term. This position will participate in department research projects, along with conducting research pertaining to their own program of specialization. The duration of the appointment will be 12 months, with a possibility of extension based on performance and funding.
The expectations of a Postdoctoral Research Associate in EES include:
1. Participation and leadership of field expeditions related to his/her research program
2. Carrying out his/her own research in applicable area of study
3. Publishing peer-reviewed papers by collaborating with supervising faculty
4. Vigorously applying for external grants as PI with supervising faculty as Co-PI
5. Actively attending workshops, meetings, and conferences
6. Mentoring both graduate and undergraduate students in the lab
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.
PhD in a field related to Earth & Environmental Sciences, or other applicable field.
Required Application Materials
-Letter of interest
The university is requiring all MSU students, faculty and staff to be vaccinated against COVID-19 with limited exceptions. Learn more at: https://msu.edu/together-we-will/
Review of Applications Begins On
Michigan State University has been advancing the common good with uncommon will for more than 160 years. One of the top research universities in the world, MSU pushes the boundaries of discovery and forges enduring partnerships to solve the most pressing global challenges while providing life-changing opportunities to a diverse and inclusive academic community through more than 200 programs of study in 17 degree-granting colleges.