Regulatory Analyst Senior (Regulatory Rates)
Oncor Electric Delivery
The Regulatory Analyst, Senior position prepares cost of service studies and statistical analysis for use in the prosecution of a rate case, as well as other required regulatory filings. Maintains monthly Company statistics for External Affairs use and assists in special projects and the development of computer programs for special rate studies and other rate and financial analysis. Maintains the Company's official Tariffs and acts as a liaison between regulatory authority staff and Company representatives regarding inquiries and required filings at the regulatory authority.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
Directly or through others, the incumbent:
- Prepares rate class cost of service studies, including data entry, development of input components and customizes input-driven sections in accordance with desired rate classes and groupings.
- Provide support to assigned witnesses in Company rate case proceedings.
- Maintains monthly historical data by rate codes and classes in such a manner as to correspond to Financial & Operating (F&O) reports of the Company.
- File reports with regulatory authorities (PUC, FERC, SEC, etc.) as required.
- Compile, analyze, and disseminate regulatory data as required.
- Prepares functionalized rate class cost of service studies for analysis of new innovative rate design.
- Assists in the administration and implementation of the Company's Tariff for Retail Delivery Service and its Tariff for Transmission Service.
- Works in conjunction with the Regulatory Finance and Load Research groups, including cross-training.
- Monitor other utilities' proceedings to keep management and Company personnel abreast of current issues and rulings.
- Coordinate projects and rulemaking proceedings before the PUC to ensure that the Company's position is represented to the regulatory authority and to keep the appropriate Company personnel informed of any changes.
Education, Experience, & Skills
- Education – Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Mathematics, business administration, engineering, or other Business Disciplines preferred, or equivalent experience and expertise. MBA desired.
- Experience– 5 years of utility industry experience in Regulatory, Accounting, Finance, or other related areas
- Familiarity with PUC rate filing package, earnings monitoring reports, and PUCT Substantive Rules
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Proficient with PC software, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Computer skills, including SAS, FoxPro, SQL, and CC&B
Measures of Success
- Works with minimal supervision
- Exhibits thoroughness and accuracy
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Ability to work effectively across organizational lines
Yes. Up to 25%
Oncor Electric Delivery
1616 Woodall Rogers Freeway
Texas United States
From the same organization