Regional Parent Support Coordinator
Crisis & Counseling Centers Careers
Washington County, ME
Crisis & Counseling Centers is a collaborative and comprehensive behavioral health agency operating in Central Maine. Since its founding 52 years ago, Crisis & Counseling Centers has become one of the most trusted behavioral health agencies in Maine, with approximately 120 employees located across six facilities and numerous community-based settings statewide.
G.E.A.R. Parent Network is currently looking for a Regional Parent Support Coordinator to support and empower families in Penobscot, Piscataquis, Washington and Southern Aroostook Counties.
The Regional Parent Support Coordinator will draw both on training received from G.E.A.R. and on their own personal lived experience of parenting a child with behavioral health needs to support and empower families. The Coordinator will establish and facilitate support groups, present educational workshops, work 1:1 mentoring families in their homes, and build collaborative relationships with community members and behavioral health providers. Through telephone contact, one on one contact, workshops and special events the Coordinator will provide emotional support, problem solving, education and information related to community resources and children’s issues to parents/caregivers who have children with emotional/behavioral health care needs.
The ideal candidate would:
- MUST live in Penobscot, Piscataquis, Washington, or Aroostook County.
- Be the parent/caregiver of a child/youth with emotional or behavioral health needs.
- Demonstrate basic computer skills with competencies in Microsoft office software.
- Maintain an ongoing effort to enhance and improve job related Agency services and systems.
- Support a productive, cooperative and efficient working relationship with all families, staff and Board members.
- Consistently maintain a positive attitude and image when representing GEAR/Crisis & Counseling Centers.
- Assist in identifying geographic locations for new parent support groups/workshops.
- Participate in the development of new support groups/workshops within the region.
- Assist in the development and distribution of public program and public education materials on statewide and regional levels.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- 5+ years of lived experience parenting a child/youth with behavioral health concerns and experience navigating systems of care on behalf of that child.
- Obtain Certification as a Family Peer Specialist within 2 years of date of employment.
- 100+ hours of specific training will be provided to the candidates to meet this condition.
In order to mitigate risk of Covid-19 coming into our facility and to ensure the safety of our clients and staff, the Covid-19 vaccination is required for this position.
This is a full time (30 hours/week) non-exempt position. Flexibility for both evening and weekend work is required.
This position would service Penobscot, Piscataquis, Washington and Southern Aroostook Counties. Remote work may be available.
We offer a generous benefit package and competitive salary for full-time employees in a supportive and team oriented work environment.
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Short-term disability
- Flexible spending account
- 10 paid holidays
- 401K plan
- Additional life and long-term disability
- Dental insurance available
- Earned Time starting at 4+ weeks per year!
To apply, please submit a current resume.
Crisis and Counseling is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.