Radar Cross Section (RCS) Signatures Analyst / Developer
Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Radar Cross Section (RCS) signatures analyst/developer to join a diverse team to create unique RCS solutions for complex weapon and sensor systems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
Dynetics' Threat Intelligence and Exploitation Department is seeking an engineer or scientist with requisite skills and interest to support RCS modeling and analysis for the Department of Defense and United States Intelligence Community. Experience with radio frequency (RF) signature prediction software, and a strong technical background (engineering, math, physics) are required.
The position will include collaboration within a team and customer environment while emphasizing individual contributions to produce products that are valuable to the customer. Candidate must have good people skills, be an effective communicator, and have the desire to work with a highly technical team of engineers.
The minimum required skills for this role include:
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor's degree or higher from an ABET accredited university in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Math, Physics, or equivalent.
- Two (2+) or more years of experience in RCS modeling or analysis is required
- The candidate should be familiar with RF signature prediction codes (Xpatch, SAF, SENTRi, etc.) and have some knowledge of standard RCS file formats (N-point, APSM, 3DSC, etc.).
- Candidate should have experience with Matlab, Python, C/C++, or similar language/tool for analysis.
- Candidate must be able to interact effectively with individuals of different experience levels and backgrounds including government and external industry personnel.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or be willing to relocate to the Huntsville – North Alabama, AL area.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Though, the most preferred candidate will have one or more of the following attributes:
- Experience with Unix/Linux OS.
- Experience with high performance computing (HPC) systems.
- Experience with RF static range measurements, RF defense radar systems, or digital signal processing (DSP).
- Familiarity with CAD tools for developing RCS models (SolidWorks, CREO, NX, ModelMan, Rhino, Cubit, etc.), and corresponding file formats.
- Candidates with ambition towards continuous learning, innovation, and diverse work requirements.
- Candidates with an active Top Secret clearance.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (as well as maintain) a Final Secret Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.