Radar Algorithm Engineer
Currently Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Radar Algorithm Engineer to support analysis of threat radar computer algorithms. With offices across the Unites States engaging in the defense, space, cyber, and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific, and IT solutions.
The analyst will be expected to lead the Radar Main Computer subgroup associated with all-source analysis of foreign radar systems. The analyst will be responsible for assessing key algorithms associated with target search, acquisition, track, track filters, turret control, and waveform scheduling and prioritization. The analyst will coordinate with other subgroup leads to develop assessments.
- Candidate will possess at least a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited institute or a related technical field.
- Minimum 5 years overall relevant work with radar computer algorithms responsible for waveform timing, prioritization, search scan definition, beam steering, tracking, etc.
- In addition, the Engineer should have:
- Prior history with government customers and/or large prime contractors.
- Strong communication skills, capable of briefing high-level customers and writing technical reports.
Candidate will be a resident of Huntsville, Alabama or be willing to relocate to the Huntsville, Alabama area.
Preferred knowledge / skillsets:
- Prior work performing foreign weapon systemanalysis
- History of developing or planning radar control logic in a high level language such as MATLAB or Python, or in lower-level languages such as C++.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (as well as maintain) a Final Secret Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.