Projects Control Specialist | Solar Partner Programs
The Projects Control Specialist | Solar Partner Programsin Customer to Grid Solutions (Product Delivery Department) provides systems, reporting, tracking and trending support to the Project Management Organization (PMO) for all Capital projects to ensure on time completion within budget.
- Provide oversight and closeout projects; including coordinating with internal or external customers and the entering and updating of project information into the Enterprise Project Management System (EPMS).
- Develop work orders for Capital projects for the next calendar year.
- Monitor and tracks project schedules and cost performance.
- Prepare weekly project report, prepare other reports as required ,and perform cost data analysis and development.
- Associates degree plus five (5) years' experience in Finance and/or directly related Business positions.
- In lieu of Associates degree, a combination of college coursework and Finance and/or directly related Business experience equaling seven (7) years.
Preferred Special Skills, Knowledge or Qualifications:
- Finance and/or project management experience.
- Knowledge of Project Management Institute project controls principals.
- Microsoft Office software.
1) Provides for the oversight and closeout of projects not assigned to a Project Manager and projects completed using non-capital funding that are later deemed to be Capital projects.
Oversight responsibilities include coordinating with internal or external customers including plant personnel (if applicable), the Finance and Business Office (FBO) and the entering and updating of project information into the Enterprise Project Management System (EPMS).
2) Develops work orders for Capital projects for the next calendar year which includes but is not limited to: preparing reports to summarize each project for FBO, utilizing the Maximo work management system to create work orders, establishing all accounting system set up for each project and ensuring the accuracy of account charging information.
3) Monitors and tracks project schedules and cost performance. Confirms project milestone completion by utilizing reports within EPMS. Works with project managers, management, accounting, plant personnel (if applicable) or other stakeholders when project is off track and there are milestone delays to ensure project continues to move forward to completion.
4) Coordinates with FBO, project managers and PMO management team to manage monthly accrual and variance process and reporting.
5) Prepares weekly project closeout report which monitors the timely closeout process for all Capital projects. Prepares other project reports as required (e.g., stage gate, accrual process, variance, cash flow, forecasting, and budget).
6) Performs cost data analysis and development. Develops and manages reports and tools used to monitor and analyze project financial trends.
7) Prepares appropriate documentation for capital budget items requiring Owner approval (for coal plants).
400 North 5th Street
Arizona United States
From the same organization