Project Manager (Nuclear)
Port Gibson, MS
*This position may be filled as a Project Manager or Senior Project Manager depending on the candidate's qualifications.*
Senior Project Managers must develop a plan of action to get a project completed, working across departments to ensure their needs and wants are included within the confines of the project and budgetary restrictions..
- Implements projects in accordance with regulatory requirements, and company policies and procedures.
- Coordinates activities to minimize plant and system downtime and maximize plant power generation.
- Develops and maintains tools to improve the efficiency of performing project work. Reviews and evaluates performance of the project staff and contractors.
- Team leader managing stakeholder engagement throughout the process to ensure proper alignment and scope development.
- Performs project cost and cash flow forecast. Supervises project installation and inspection activities
- Oversees procedures and documentation which govern and control project activities.
- Recommends necessary project training as required.
- Proposes project changes which improve efficiency and safety.
- Interfaces with regulatory and industry representatives on behalf of project activities.
- Communicates technical information, concepts, and ideas verbally and in writing.
- Serves as a member of the Emergency Response Organization.
Minimum education required of the position
B.S. degree in Engineering, Construction Engineering/Management, Science, or a related discipline or equivalent experience. (Equivalent experience is defined as demonstrated success at a Managing projects) (A degree is strongly preferred.)
Minimum experience required of the position
- Project Manager- 8 years experience in nuclear power design, construction, maintenance, project management, Production, or equivalent. At least 5 years experience in the maintenance, engineering, project management or Production organization. Fossil plant experience.
- Senior Project Manager-10 years experience in one or more of the following fields: nuclear power design, construction, maintenance, project management, operations, Production, or equivalent.
- Desired:At least 5-7 years Project Management/Construction Management experience
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required of the position
Technical proficiency in project management, including Work Breakdown, scheduling, estimating, cashflow, execution strategy, contracting strategy, contracts. Technical understanding of nuclear generation principles and operation. Outstanding communication, conflict management, and change management skills. Proficiency with current computer business applications.
Any certificates, licenses, etc. required for the position
Desired:PMP Certification, Professional engineering license, SRO License or certification on a BWR or PWR.
Req ID: 110121
639 Loyola Ave
Louisiana United States
From the same organization