Project Manager II
Saint Paul, MN
- Full Time
- Posted 7 days ago
- $3912.00 monthly minimum USD / Month
- Closes: April 6, 2023
- Department: Heritage Preservation, Planning & Outreach
- Job Reference #: 1757
- Job Summary: Plan, organize, & manage preservation, rehabilitation, restoration, and repair projects at the Minnesota Historical Society’s (MNHS) historic properties. Work with Historic Sites and Capital Planning & Management to identify, plan, budget
- Job Qualifications:
● Bachelor’s degree in historic preservation, architecture, engineering, construction, construction management, or a related field.
● Commitment to the values of diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion.
● Understanding of the Secretary of the Interior’s Standards for Historic Preservation, Restoration, and Rehabilitation and how to interpret and apply these standards.
● Knowledge and ability to read, understand, and explain construction documents and construction contract management principles.
● Knowledge and skill in verbal, written, and graphic communication sufficient to work with diverse groups of people.
● Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and all aspects of Google suite.
● Strong organization and documentation skills.
● Demonstrated ability to think imaginatively and problem solve.
● Demonstrated positive customer service skills.
● Demonstrated ability to multitask, work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines, prioritize and adapt to changing priorities.
● Demonstrated ability to work independently and take individual initiative while also being able to collaborate effectively and contribute positively in a team environment.
● Strong detail orientation with the ability to synthesize and organize complex information and maintain/upgrade systems and processes.
● Experience in conducting and reporting facilities condition assessments. Preference to individuals familiar and having experience with using Rapid Building and Site Condition Assessment developed by the National Park Service or other standardized state format.
● Experience with AutoCAD and/or Revit.
● Familiarity with the National Park Service’s Preservation Briefs.
● Knowledge in construction trades, preservation, and restoration of historic buildings.
- How to Apply:
Interested applicants must apply online at the Minnesota Historical Society’s career center at www.mnhs.org/jobs and include a resume and cover letter by the application deadline date.
- Job benefits: Excellent – Eligible to participate in the State Employee Group Insurance Program and a retirement program with employer contribution. Generous vacation and sick time accruals with additional paid holidays.
- Contact Name: Dear Hiring Manager:
- Application Address: 345 W Kellogg Blvd, St. Paul, MN 55102, USA