Program Manager, Electric Training
Black Hills Corporation
As the Electric Utility Technical Training Program Manager, identify, develop, coordinate and track regulatory required technical training topics related to power generation, transmission and distribution. Utilize a systematic approach to training to develop and maintain training materials and schedules. Develop evaluation instruments and collect trainee and stakeholder feedback for program improvements.
SALARY RANGE: $86,550 – $129,900 (Determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.)
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP:Director, Electric Operations
LOCATION: This position can be located in Cheyenne, Wyoming, Pueblo, Colorado, or Rapid City, South Dakota.
- A comprehensive relocation package is offered for this position! Details about this package will be shared during the interview and offer process.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Implement and maintain a systematic approach in the development regulatory required (OSHA, etc.) safety/technical training for electric utility field operations employees.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of applicable electric utility safety policies and procedures and ensure they are appropriately covered in applicable safety/technical training programs.
- Develop an efficient and effective strategy for the delivery of safety/technical training to all electric utility field operations employees.
- Maintain appropriate and consistent coordination with Safety Department personnel as well as maintain appropriate interactions with all levels of electric utility management including supervisors, managers, directors and vice presidents.
- Provide support to training process unique to electrical training including customer contacts to represent Safety and Technical Training services.
- Train employees and the general public on the hazards of electricity. Perform high voltage electrical demonstrations with the assistance of operations personnel.
- Consult with customers to identify business needs and objectives. Provide customer contact for training services, products, and programs.
- Promote and instill strong safety culture and expectations in all phases of company operations.
- Provides professional or technical services elsewhere in the company's energy business, as requested.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Minimum of (7) seven years practical experience in the technical field (Journeyman Lineman or Substation) required.
- Associates degree in Engineering, Safety, Education, or technical field related to the subject(s) in which the individual will provide instruction, or a combination of education and experience required.
- Knowledge of OSHA/safety practices to industry standards.
- Demonstrated technical and operational expertise.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Effective presentation, facilitation, and training skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to maintain accurate records.
- Team player and demonstrated ability to effectively lead in such an environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to effectively use Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to conceptualize and explain technical theories, functions, or procedures clearly and accurately.
- Ability to drive the High Voltage Demonstration Trailer, as needed.
- Must be capable of overnight travel up to one week per month and the ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Read the full posting.
Black Hills Corporation
625 Ninth St
South Dakota United States
From the same organization