Program Coordinator, Sorority and Fraternity Life
University of Florida
Student Affairs Program Crd
Provide administrative and advising support and serve as a resource person for social fraternities and sororities in areas including but not limited to student and institution-partnered governance, financial management, policy compliance, conduct/incident management, risk and crisis management, housing, community service, and social programming.
- Advise the Florida Greek Ambassadors.
- Provide leadership and management for Greek Leadership and Risk Management programming including Greek Advance, Greek Emerging Leaders Institute, Greek Week, Social Risk Management and other programs as directed.
- Provide general advising and serve as a resource person for member organizations and student leaders. Advise student leaders in areas such as chapter management, house management, scholarship, community service, social programming, organization and member accountability, new member development, recognition activities, and similar topics.
- Ensure effective recruitment/intake processes for the sorority and fraternity community; ensure compliance with university and council guidelines.
- Assist in the creation and implementation of programming initiatives including training, leadership classes, and other educational activities for sororities and fraternities as well as their leadership councils.
- Interpret university policies for students and sororities and fraternities related to all aspects of co-curricular involvement at the university.
- Collaborate with, provide support for, and serve as a resource person for social fraternity and sorority chapter advisors, house directors, student leaders and other groups as directed; assist in planning and implementation of training of organization advisors.
- Assist in the development and annual review of rules and regulations governing the sorority and fraternity community; make recommendations for needed changes to the Director.
- Serve as a resource person for issues involving Greek organizations and/or Greek members to other university departments as well as external constituencies as directed.
- Work collaboratively with the Dean of Students Office, University Police Department, and other entities as needed regarding Greek organization and individual member conduct and judicial matter as directed.
Assist in the operations and administration of Sorority and Fraternity Life.
- Assist in the development and implementation of departmental and office mission and strategic planning.
- Assist in the development and implementation of service delivery strategies, and outcomes assessment for the Office of Sorority and Fraternity Life.
- Ensure up-to-date reporting and recording of information on membership and organization activity by all organizations.
- Serve as emergency/crisis/incident responder as directed.
- Assist in developing, conducting, and analyzing research and assessments on various aspects of sorority and fraternity life and the impact of programs and services on various constituents.
Assist with programs, services, and other assignments within the Office of Sorority and Fraternity Life.
- Assist in the development and distribution of effective marketing and public relations materials (website and printed publications) for the Office of Sorority and Fraternity Life and the sorority and fraternity community (with appropriate participation by community student leaders).
- Assist with housing operations for the 40 chapter facilities.
- Advise and assist with campus-wide programs and events as directed.
- Serve on departmental committees as directed in areas such as assessment, marketing, and staff development.
- Assist in training and supervision of one or more graduate assistants to assist and support the sorority and fraternity community.
Develop reports, handle special projects, and other duties as assigned
Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Demonstrated experience in advising students and working with student organizations at the college or university level
• Demonstrated planning, organization, and communication skills (verbal and written).
• Demonstrated experience with event planning and management.
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects or tasks simultaneously.
• Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency with computers and basic software applications, including web site content management systems.
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
• Demonstrated knowledge and skills in marketing and promotions
Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
Health Assessment Required:No