Program Assistant, Small Business and Entrepreneurship
NC Community Colleges
· High school diploma or GED and completion of 36-semester units of college-level coursework from a regionally accredited institution; or a high school diploma or GED and 3 years of full-time work experience in an administrative or administrative support role; or a combination of education and work experience as stated totaling 3 years
· Proficiency in all MS Office products
· Demonstrated ability to communicate well at varied levels (students, clients, partners and administrators)
· Self-starter with exemplary customer service and strong organizational skills
· Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
· Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others
· Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain strict confidentiality
· Must be detail-oriented
· Associate’s degree from a regionally accredited college, preferably in a business-related field
· Experience within the North Carolina Community College System
· Experience with Center Dynamics CenterIC Client and Event Management System
· Knowledge of rules, regulations, and procedures related to state reporting
The Program Assistant is a full-time position located primarily at the Tyson Family Center for Technology in Monroe, NC. Under the supervision of the Director of Small Business and Entrepreneurship, the Program Assistant is responsible for carrying out the College’s vision and mission as they relate specifically to Small Business and Entrepreneurship. The Program Assistant supports training, counseling and special events of the Small Business Center. Assists in the planning and delivery of programs and services to meet the educational needs of small business clients.
· Demonstrates excellent customer service, communication and time management skills.
· Coordinates class and seminar set-up and manages and maintains electronic and hard copy program records/files.
· Assists in marketing Small Business Center offerings and services through use of email newsletters, social media, website, fliers, community outreach events, etc.
· Creates state master files and generates training materials for offerings.
· Manages business counselors’ calendars, the client counseling intake process and note posting in the Client Management System for volunteer and contracted counselors.
· Orders, picks up and delivers class materials; assists instructors with class activities.
· Creates events in Client Management System, reconciles attendance, tracks event evaluations.
· Interacts with trainers and instructors to insure teaching contracts and/or no pay agreements are executed, class materials are printed, instructors have necessary technology access, to collect invoices and process payments.
· Advises students and clients regarding available training programs and counseling services.
· Reconciles instructor contracts and class rosters; may assist the appropriate administrator with monitoring budgets.
· Organizes and maintains the Small Business Center Resource Library.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Apply online at https://jobs.spcc.edu/postings/2704. Position is open until filled.