Thorlabs, Inc., Londonderry, NH, United States
Founded in 1989, Thorlabs seeks to accelerate the forward movement of scientific discovery and advancement! As a vertically integrated manufacturer of photonics components, instruments, and systems, our vast product portfolio includes over 20,000 items, ranging from optics and optomechanical positioning components to imaging systems, many of which are customer inspired.
Photonics is the foremost technology driving innovation in science and engineering. As the number of technological innovations has grown, Thorlabs has extended its core competencies in an effort to play an ever increasing role serving the Photonics Industry at the research end, as well as the industrial, life science, medical, and defense segments.
Headquartered in Newton, NJ, Thorlabs has grown to over Approximately 2,300 employees with manufacturing and sales offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Sweden, Japan, China, and Brazil. As light-based technologies push into new markets, Thorlabs plans to enter early with the products and services required to ensure the ultimate success of our customers.
Responsible for but not limited to: assembling, testing, packaging of products for customers, as well as, scheduling and balancing workload. As part of our LEAN Manufacturing business strategy, you will be located in a work 'cell' environment with a variety of components ranging in complexity throughout the day. Works under general supervision. Although the location of the position is in Londonderry, NH, from time to time it may be required to undertake duties at other ThorLabs locations.
Essential Job Functions include the following, but are not limited to:
- Must be able to understand written work instructions and schematics for a wide range of products to properly assemble the final product to the highest of quality standards and with zero scrap or rework.
- Assemble components and products of varying size and complexity that includes cleaning, inspecting and testing of assembled components and assemblies.
- Meets the expected assembly timelines that are outlined on the production orders
- Ask questions when instructions are not understood or clear
- Remain focused on the production orders and assembly responsibilities throughout the day
- Performs any combination of the above duties from the functions above. Cross-train on various functions in order to provide flexibility and support across production operations.
- Where necessary, set up or calibrate equipment, maintain accurate records, prepare reports for identification purposes such as test reports, and move material to and from work areas.
- Must maintain a safe and clean working environment through compliance with procedures, policies and regulations.
Thorlabs values its diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar position.
- High School Diploma or equivalent or equivalent work experience
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong ability to work with components that may be smaller than 1/8 of an inch; must have a steady hand with excellent dexterity and eye-hand coordination
- Laser and safety knowledge.
- Strong ability to work well in a group atmosphere, and comply with high quality standards.
- Strong ability to shift from one task to another to address changing production priorities.
- Must be able to understand written work instructions and schematics for a wide range of products to properly assemble the final product.
- Basic mathematic skills are required.